Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    darrylanne

Default Cannot find a death certificate

I am finding it hard to find a death certificate for a Sarah (nee: Barfield) Blackmore Squires who married on 19th August 1838 to William Blackmore Squires at St.Mary-Redcliffe Church Bristol - son born: 1842 John Blackmore Squires - her husband remarried a Ann Slocombe in 1851 in Nailsea Somerset but as I said I cannot find a death certificate for Sarah, her father was John Barfield. Can anyone help?

I have moved this to the BMD Forum, where it might attract more notice.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Knowledgeable and helpful

How about Sarah Squire (no S) who died Mar Q 1847 at Bristol?

Familysearch has her burial on 20th February 1847 at St Mary Redcliffe.

Perhaps someone with access to parish registers could take a look to see if it says “wife of…”

darrylanne

This sounds very promising - as she was married in this Church in 1838 - many thanks

darrylanne

Unfortunately have just checked out the lady buried at St.Mary-Redcliffe on 20th Feb 1847 this cannot be the one as she was 57 when she was buried and her name was Sarah SQUIRE-not Sarah Blackmore SQUIRES who would have been only 26 in 1847.

gasser

Just googled her name and found mention of Sarah Blackmore Squires
    buried at Nailsea September 20 1842 aged 23
    transcription taken from Somerset Archive and Record Service

Free bmd
    BLACKMORE Sarah. Reg. Bedminster. sept 1842 vol 11page 59
    Last edited by gasser; 22-08-2014 at 1:01 PM. Reason: Added info

darrylanne

This does look like the one - their son John was born 1842, maybe she died in child birth - Many thanks

darrylanne

Thank you

darrylanne

How can I trace ancestors before the 1841 Census - I now need to check on William Blackmore Squires whose son was born in 1821 with the exact same name.

Mike Fry

Default Pre-1841 Research

Quote Originally Posted by darrylanne View Post
    How can I trace ancestors before the 1841 Census - I now need to check on William Blackmore Squires whose son was born in 1821 with the exact same name.
    Prior to the 1841 census, you're into that period where you have to rely on Parish Registers to give you Baptisms (occasionally Births) Marriages and Burials (rarely Deaths). To a large extent, you also have to rely on the goodwill of people, since the quantity of information from these registers available on-line, is quite low: steadily increasing, but still a low percentage.

Depending on which county your research is in, the FreeREG website https://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/Search.pl can be very useful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast