Default Covell v Doust (1802 c37) liitigation

The above case is held at The National Archive (ref C13/14/43) and I was wondering if anyone would be able to shed any light on it.

This case may be of interest to me as it involves a William Doust but I received an exorbitant quote from TNA for a copy and without sufficient information to determine if it is the 'right' William Doust, I am loathe to gamble any funds. Unfortunately, a visit to TNA is also out of the question but even this is not as simple as going to the local library as I understand the item needs to be pre ordered and a readers card is required.

If there is anyone in a position to flesh out the brief details provided by TNA, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for any help.

Have you tried newspaper archives? Your local library might be able to help.

Thanks for this. I have tried all the newspaper facilities that I can eg FMP but without any joy.

The online collections are not complete, although they keep adding to them. It might be worth trying to find out which papers were active in their area at the time, and checking to see whether they are listed. If not, and the paper still exists, contact them.

I contacted a scientific journal about an 1886 paper this afternoon, and within an hour their editorial assistant had scanned the original and sent me a pdf!

ok, thanks, I'll give it a try. There are one or two other situations elsewhere that may have attracted media attention but do not appear on the online papers so I will have a look for those too. Cheers.