Starting to feel at home

Default LUCK Walter Samuel M.M - 1892-1918

I am hoping that I am on the correct county forum. Walter Samuel Luck died in Green Lane, Avonmouth, Bristol on the October 1918 and I am trying to find out where he could have been buried.

His is a sad story, like so many during WW1. He was born in Silverhill, Sussex in September 1892 and joined the Royal Fusiliers on the 24th August 1914. He was awarded the Military Medal in March 1918 for bravery at the Battle of Cambrai, November 1917, and is named in the was diaries on the 10th January 1918. He was discharged April 1918 as unfit for service having contracted Pulmonary Tuberculosis in the trenches. A pension of 27s 6d a week was awarded for 26 weeks starting on the 23th October 1918.

He married Melinda Cogdell on 28th September 1918 at the Congregational Church in Bristol and Walter died 13th October 1918. I do not know if his pension was paid to his widow as he died before the 'start' date.

Are there any records of burials that I can access online relating to Bristol for this period? Any hep would be welcome

Pauline

Brick wall demolition expert!

I found a couple of web sites that might be able to help you:

Bristol Record Office: https://archives.bristol.gov.uk/dserve/

The Congregationalist Churches and Chapels of Bristol : https://www.churchcrawler.pwp.blueyon...k/congrchs.htm

Reputation beyond repute

Contact the cemeteries department of Bristol City Council.

Starting to feel at home

Thank you both for your replies. I will start with the web based and see where that take me.