Default Palgowan- where art thou ?

I have a marriage in 1838 im Minnigaff in Kirkudbrightshire of James Macmillan to Jessie McKie.
    James is shown as being of Palgowan.
    No sign of them on the 1841 census so I thought I would try to browse in Palgowan looking perchance for a misspelling etc.

However Palgowan is not listed on Scotlands People and it is difficult to decide where it was.
    On Google earth (in desperation) it comes up as Palgowan, Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway. However it appears to be in the middle of a forest with no sign of any habitation whatsover.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks Ed

Spotted an address in a 1916 newspaper "M Nichol,Palgowan, Bargrennan, Newton Stewart". Is "Palgowan" the name of a property rather than a place?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

There's an 1844 newspaper report (source Perthshire Advertiser)
    "We understand that the compact and beautiful estate of Lynedoch.... purchased by James Simpson..... Mr Simpson belongs to the parish of Methven. The adjacent estate of Palgowan, also part of the property of Lord Lynedoch..... purchased by William Thompson, Edinburgh".

Google/check out "Thomas Graham Lord, Lynedoch" died 1843 - which fits with the sale of the properties.

Scotlands Places HERE says that it was in the parish of Minnigaff in the county of Kirkcudbright. All that's there now is a Corn drying kiln (always a sign of a lost settlement of some sort). It might just have been a few houses.

The Statistical Account for Scotland chapters on Minnigaff are to be found HERE
    They tend to include whatever the Minister was interested in, but there might be something. On a quick scan (If you use the Stat Accts a lot, download them from the Internet Archive, it's less clunky) I couldn't see anything.

Dumfries and Galloway Standard 1 April 1846
    "SHEPHERD'S DINNER AT BARGRENNAN, MINNIGRAFF - Mr William M'millan, Palgowan, next proposed....."

There's a single hit in the NAS database, for the estate of someone raising cattle on 4 estates including Palgowan in the 1830s.

www.kirkudbright.co/places.asp?lD=4

I also googled "garlies palgowan" which threw up a few references. Lord Garlies owned Palgowan Estate mid 18th Century

P.S - problem with URL so google "named places in minigaff parish"

The Dumfries and Galloway Standard 9 Dec 1846
    "MINNIGAFF The Minnigaff Curling Society held their annual general meeting in Mr Robinson's Inn, Creebridge......Second skips - Messrs Robt. M'Millan, Palgowan; ..."