Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi

The burial in 1824 can't be Thomas's wife Ann if they were still having children in 1828 What caught my eye with it was the line
    'Buried by - Papist' so she was a Catholic.

The 1841 census for Thomas and Esther found by Nicolina has the same occupation for Thomas - dresser - as that on the marriage for Thomas and Esther Hartley in 1834.

A starting point would be the birth cert for James Ormerod in 1838. You could also order, from your local LDS centre the original film for Thomas and Esther's marriage just to see if it gives more details such as parents or you can try their email service at familysearch.org
    Type in Photoduplication Services on this page
    also this post on Brit-Gen may help.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

massormerod

Hi Christina,

I noticed the Papist entry as well. It's still possible that she is the right one, assuming the entry for 6 Dec 1822 St. Paul is not the right family. Oliver may have been her first child. I'll try to follow that thread and see what I can find.

Thanks,
    Sharon

Nicolina

I'm surprised that there are so many Olivers. It's not as though it was a common name.

massormerod

Unfortunately, Oliver, Thomas, Ann and Nancy run through many of the Ormerod branches!! Which has made it almost impossible, as I can't connect mine to anyone other than Thomas and Esther in 1841. Christina, even if I request the birth certificate for James in 1838, that still won't tell me about Oliver, will it?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Newton, Cheshire,
    Newton is Hyde / Dukinfield area of east Cheshire geographically 32 miles! from Blackburn

Most records on the IGI are Church of England. It is only now that dissenters ( Methodist / RC etc) records are being digitalised and added

When I first started researching Oliver, I found the entry for 22, Dec 1822 at St. Paul, Blackburn
    Have you looked at the original parish record entry. You can order these via the Familysearch site scroll down the opening page 'til you see on the LHS Family History Centers. You need ot see the origianal as part of the paper trail audit!

As a rule what is transcribed as in Lancashire OPC is only the briefest of information.

Nicolina

between 1756 and 1811 there were, at least, 12 Olivers baptised as either (Blackburn-over-Darwen) Independent or (Rochdale) Wesleyan Methodist.

massormerod

Default Thank you!

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I have a busy few weeks coming up and won't be able to do more for now. I thank you all for your help. I have some new avenues to explore and records to order. I'll be back though.

Again, many thanks,
    Sharon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12