Thread: Trying to find

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Trying to find

Hi,
    I am trying to find people who worked at Bracknell Motors in the years between 1960 and 1962.
    If anyone can help that would be amazing as I am trying to trace a friend of my mum's.
    Thanks heaps.
    Sharon

Welcome to British-Genealogy Sharon

Thank you for not naming your Mum and her friend as our AUP does not permit us to post details of living people so if any member can help it would be best to use the private message facility.

Sharon where exactly were Bracknell Motors 1960-1962? Country? Town?

Have you tried Electoral Rolls for your Mum's friend? Phone books online? Was she married in 1960-62 or has possibly married since?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Christina
    I am really in the dark with this one mum had a really good friend who worked with her but can't remember her last name which makes things really hard i have a photo of her but i know you can't put photos up. I will try and find some more information but as mum is getting on in life it would be wonderful to reunite these two people.
    Thanks Heaps
    Sharon

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Sharon,

It would probably be better to write to the editors of the local newspapers - you will be able to give your mum's name (maiden and/or married, as relevant) and perhaps a few more details, e.g 'At one time Gertrude was going out with one of the mechanics at the firm' . If your mum's friend has left the town then there may still be someone around who remembers her and can put you in touch.

Googling seems to bring up two newspapers - the Bracknell Times and the Bracknell Standard (the latter should be the first hit you get if you google 'newspapers Bracknell'.
    If in doubt, google for Bracknell Town Council and ask them for the names of the local newspapers.

Pam

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi was wondering if i blanked out the faces of these photos i have maybe someone would remember the location or ring a bell.
    Would that be allowed or is that against the website's rules.
    Thanks heaps
    Sharon