Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ed Bradford

Default Camp, Fish and Devile families

Hey Elaine,

I've sent a private message to you with my email address in it. I believe that we can help each other and look forward to hearing from you.

....................Ed Bradford

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi my name is Tracey Deville , there were many Devilles in a small hamlet called Braughing in Hertfordshire, also my aunts maiden name is Camp so definately think there are some possible links here.

Ed Bradford

Hey Tracey,
    My Great Grandmother is a Devile, although, she changed it to Devoile or something similar. I guess she thought it fashionable at the time. I have a lot of information on the Devile/Camp lines. If you would care to communicate directly with me which would probably expedite our communication, I can be reached at [email protected].
    ...............Ed

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Cool Deville & Camp Family History

Quote Originally Posted by Tdeville View Post
    Hi my name is Tracey Deville , there were many Devilles in a small hamlet called Braughing in Hertfordshire, also my aunts maiden name is Camp so definately think there are some possible links here.
    Firstly, a big „thank you“ to Ed, my newly discovered 3rd cousin once removed, and provider of some very interesting information about our ancestors.

I‘m just at the very beginning of my search for information about a particular line of my/my father‘s ancestry - being descendants of James Deville and Fanny Camp.

On the 1851 census document, the address given for James and Fanny was 60 Elm Green, Ware. I’ve searched for this address on various maps, and it doesn’t seem to exist. The address was hand-written on the census form, so I can‘t be 100% sure that I‘ve read it correctly. The occupants of the address include James (head age 30), Fanny (wife age 26), Catherine (daughter age 3) and Rosa (Daughter age 1).

Does anyone know if such a place existed or if I‘ve misread it?

Lastly, for any of you that I might be related to, „Hello! and Happy New Year to you all“.

Carolyn

60 Elm Green, Ware. I’ve searched for this address on various maps, and it doesn’t seem to exist.
    Hi Carolyn, welcome to the Brit-Gen forums and good luck with your research.

Elm Green seems to have been known by various names, see here

https://www.hertsmemories.org.uk/goo...h?st=elm+green

It can be found on modern maps by searching for Helham Green SG12 7RE

It is just off Scholars Hill which is the street address on the 1851 census just before Elm Green
    Alma

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Hi Carolyn, welcome to the Brit-Gen forums and good luck with your research.

Elm Green seems to have been known by various names, see here

https://www.hertsmemories.org.uk/goo...h?st=elm+green

It can be found on modern maps by searching for Helham Green SG12 7RE

It is just off Scholars Hill which is the street address on the 1851 census just before Elm Green
    Thank you Alma.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123