Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Clive Blackaby

Quote Originally Posted by serisier
    My apologies in advance if Camps from Reed are not relevant here. (Not too sure of the geography)
    My ancestor Elizabeth Camp was born in Reed abt 1799 (from her death cert).
    Her parents were listed as John Camp and Sarah Whitacks (from her death cert).
    She married John Hart in Reed on 31 Dec 1815.

Question: Does anyone recognize this John Camp? Was he previously married to Sarah Bysouth? Or was this a different John Camp?
    Well,
    John Camp - Sarah Whitacks marriage was 15 MAY 1797, Reed.
    John Camp - Sarah Bysouth marriage was 24 DEC 1769, Reed.

These might be the same John Camp, but I doubt it. There are several John Camp baptised in Reed, and others in nearby Therfield who are more likely.

I can't find John son of John and Sarah (nee Bysouth) but if I did, I might mark him as a possible for the second John.

(N.B. these are IGI records extracted from Reed Parish Registers - probably reliable, from my experience of Hertfordshire p.r. extracts, but needs checking)

shepherdgirl

Default Cutmore, Fish & Blackaby Families

Hi all, I am descended on my Mothers side to the Cutmore family of the Hadhams.

I have the following

Marr Cert

09/12/1882 at S. James Church, in the Parish of High Wych after Banns

Edmund Cutmore age 23, Widower, Labourer, of Much Hadham
    Father John Cutmore Labourer

Ellen Fish age 27 Spinster of Allens Green High Wych,
    Father William Fish, Labourer

Edmund made his mark & Ellen signed

Witnesses Charles & Mary Blackaby – Charles made his mark – Mary signed.

William Fish I believe was married to Mary Wood.

I also have a Hannah Cutmore, sister of Edmund, marrying a Samuel Camp.

Are any of these linked to your investigations ? The same names seem to keep cropping up and I'm getting a bit confused. I am waiting for some parish registers for Much Hadham that I ordered from my local LDS to arrive and hope they shed some light on things, but would welcome any input.

Many thanks

Ed Bradford

I have the Fish, Camp and Wood families in the Little Hadham to Ware areas during the mid to late 1700s. Unfortunately, I don’t have information on any of the people you mention. I wish I could be more help. If you get back that far please let me know. I may be able to help. ………….Ed

shepherdgirl

Thank you - after a spell with the parish registers, I may well take you up on the offer.

Regards

dennis south

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Blackaby View Post
    Well,
    John Camp - Sarah Whitacks marriage was 15 MAY 1797, Reed.
    John Camp - Sarah Bysouth marriage was 24 DEC 1769, Reed.

These might be the same John Camp, but I doubt it. There are several John Camp baptised in Reed, and others in nearby Therfield who are more likely.

I can't find John son of John and Sarah (nee Bysouth) but if I did, I might mark him as a possible for the second John.

(N.B. these are IGI records extracted from Reed Parish Registers - probably reliable, from my experience of Hertfordshire p.r. extracts, but needs checking)
    I have them as two different John Camp's. John Camp b circa 1781 married Sarah Whitacks his father John Camp b circa 1748 married Sarah Bysouth.
    Camp/Bysouth Note:
    In 1799 the Vicar of Barkway Thomas Bargus undertook a 'census' of the resident of Reed and Barkway. The following family was listed:-
    Camp - John - Labourer
    Sarah his Wife
    Joseph age 11
    Sarah age 2
    Susanna age 5
    Elizabeth age 1
    Mary Bysouth - Pauper

Now problems arise because I believe Camp/Whitacks also had a daughter called Elizabeth born around the same time as the one above - this second Elizabeth married John Hart

Ed Bradford

Hmmmmm. Good find Dennis. Unfortunately, Serisier, who originally inquired about John Camp from Reed, has only one post which occurred in 2006. Maybe your information will awaken Serisier up and get him/her to participate further.
    ..............Ed

julie-ann

I have just picked up on these old threads. My family are also descended from the Camp, Fish, Wood and mainly Deville families, from Gravely and Ware. My great x 4 grandparents being James Fish & Ann Camp (born c 1778). Their daughter Elizabeth Fish married James Deville in 1817. Their son James Deville married Elizabeth Woods in 1854 at St Pancras having moved from Herts. I visited this church recently. Elizabeth Wood's parents were Joseph Wood and Betsy Hall. It seems that all these families inter - married, as they were living in small villages or hamlets at the time.

julie-ann

Quote Originally Posted by julie-ann View Post
    I have just picked up on these old threads. My family are also descended from the Camp, Fish, Wood and mainly Deville families, from Gravely and Ware. My great x 4 grandparents being James Fish & Ann Camp (born c 1778). Their daughter Elizabeth Fish married James Deville in 1817. Their son James Deville married Elizabeth Woods in 1854 at St Pancras having moved from Herts. I visited this church recently. Elizabeth Wood's parents were Joseph Wood and Betsy Hall. It seems that all these families inter - married, as they were living in small villages or hamlets at the time.
    My error, the son of James Deville and Elizabeth Fish was Joseph Deville. It was he who married Elizabeth Woods.

Ed Bradford

Default Camp, Fish and Devile families

It looks like our families connect and we have information to share. I've sent a private message to you with my email address in it. I look forward to your response.

....................Ed Bradford

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Ed, I too am related to you and have the link between the two Camp families (Ann Camp (mother of Elizabeth Fish) was the sister of Thomas Camp (father of Fanny Camp). I am also descended from the Deville side the same as Julie-Ann.

Elaine x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast