Thread: Clarke history

Ronniebush

Default Clarke history

Hi I Am chasing any information to establish a family tree on my Father Roy Clarke born in Nuneaton 30th May 1921. He was married to Anna Katherina Nunneman on 8th April 1948. His Dad Joseph Clarke who only had one leg after the war moved to West Howe Bournemouth after his wife died and remarried. My Dad Roy Clarke attended Fosters School in Sherbourne. His birth Mother was Lavinia maiden name Harper was a School Principal in Sherbourne. I believe my Dad had a sister who I never met and her name was Margaret Clarke. Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to British-Genealogy

Because you are asking for help in researching your family I have moved your post to the Warwickshire forum which is where Nuneaton is according to google maps.

I am sure you will get help very shortly with your Dad's family.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Brick wall demolition expert!

Joe Clarke married Lavina Harper 1919 Qtr April in Nuneaton Vol 6d Page 1479.

The first thing I would do would be to order their marriage certificate from the GRO at a cost of £9.25. That will tell you a number of key bits of information:

what their marital status was - divorced, widowed, single
    what their occupations were
    where they were living
    their ages
    their father's names and occupations.

With that information you can then start to research back in time through the censuses and of course for Joe the World War 1 military records.

This link will take you to the GRO site where you can order on line the certificate. https://www.gro.gov.uk/GRO/content/ce...es/default.asp

It is possible to go and look at censuses without the certificate, but it is important to work backwards in a controlled and documented manner in order not to discover at some late date that you have been going down the wrong road.