Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Army Badges

WILKINSONBRENDA

Hi Tom, sorry to be a pain, but which arm would these have been worn?

Thanks again
    Brenda

TomBen

Hi Brenda,

They were worn on both sleeves.

Replica medals are available for purchase through FWR if you are interested:

https://www.forces-war-records.co.uk/medals

Depending on what happened to your fathers medals you may be able to have brand new ones made up by the MoD but this is only in certain circumstances:

https://www.gov.uk/the-ministry-of-d...acement-medals

Kind Regards,

Tom

WILKINSONBRENDA

Hi Tom,

Thanks again, you have been so helpful to me. I'm afraid I don't know what happened to Dad's medals, that's why I have got them from else where. My Dad also had a stick, cane, (sorry don't know what its called) with a silver top and small silver tip, presented to him for "Best dressed Soldier on Parade", if I remember right.

My word, its times like these that I wished I had of asked, more questions, like a lot of us, I suppose.

Thanks Tom you are a star.

Brenda

TomBen

No problem at all Brenda!

That stick your father was given sounds a lot like a Pace stick that a Warrant Officer might have? That might have been the entire point, "best dressed on the parade gets a commemorative pace stick" sort of thing.

I wish I had the chance to ask my Grandparents and Great-Parents more. Unfortunately they died when I was very young so i never really got the chance. Fortunately my Nan who worked in a munitions factory and Aircraft Factory during the Second World War had plenty of stories to tell. Sadly she's now gone too.

But If I and Brit-Gen and Forces War Records can help un-ravel some stories we will!

Kindest Regards,

Tom

P.S. Get outside and enjoy some of this lovely sunshine!

WILKINSONBRENDA

Hi Tom, Just found a similar stick, its called a "Swagger Stick", thank you soooo much for your help and everyone else too.

Kind regards
    Brenda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12