Thread: Squadron 652

PeterHart

Default Squadron 652

Hello, My father was in the Royal Air Force, squadron 652, he was involved in the D-Day landings, I think he landed on day 6, can anyone tell me what beach he landed on and any other relevant information?

Reputation beyond repute

Have you read the Wikipedia article (No. 652 Squadron RAF)? It includes the airfields used in France.

It's not easy to look for information without a name and other useful info. Most of the landings were done by the army and marines, the RAF normally went back to base.

PeterHart

Default 652 Squadron extra information

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    It's not easy to look for information without a name and other useful info. Most of the landings were done by the army and marines, the RAF normally went back to base.
    Thank you for your reply. My father was LAC James Bunt Hart. He served from 1941 to 1946.His service number was 1521192. I think his sergeant was Frank Masterson.Could this extra info help me find any more detail regarding his service especially the D day landings. I believe he landed on Sword beach on day 6.

Best Regards,
    Peter Hart

PeterHart

Default 652 Squadron extra information

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Have you read the Wikipedia article (No. 652 Squadron RAF)? It includes the airfields used in France.
    Thank you for your reply.

Best Regards,
    Peter Hart