Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    royhutch

Question Col. John Hutchinson, Owthorpe

I am interested in finding descendants of Col. John Hutchinson, d. 1644 of Owthorpe, if any exist. If not I am also interested in finding descendants of the Hutchinson House of Owthorpe

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Roy

royhutch

Smile Colonel John Hutchinson, Owthorpe

As I understand it Col. John Hutchinson was a descendant of Thomas Hutchinson b. abt 1498 and his wife Mary Drake through their son William Hutchinson b. abt 1508. William had a brother, Lawrence Hutchinson, b abt 1507. A descendat of Lawrence was Richard Hutchinson, b. 1602 who emigrated to Salem, MA, American around 1634.

There is some question concerning Richard Hutchinson, who went to America as actually being the descendant of Lawrence.

I am a descendant of Richard Hutchinson who went to America. I am seeking living descendants of the Hutchinson House of Owthorpe in order to resolve this concern.

So as you see, I do not necessarily need to find descendants of the Colonel himself but any Hutchinsons from this line other than from Lawrence.

Thank you,
    Roy

ziksby

Default Hutchinson wills online

This may have some reference to your query, documents online Full details on payment of £3.50 per will.

Eric Atkin

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by royhutch View Post
    I am interested in finding descendants of Col. John Hutchinson, d. 1644 of Owthorpe, if any exist. If not I am also interested in finding descendants of the Hutchinson House of Owthorpe

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Roy
    Annie Rebecca Atkin nee Hutchinson. Thought to be last in line on our side,her father John. his father Samuel then line disappears. We believe descendants from Col John Hutchinson of Owthorpe

alfisti43

Hi Roy,
    My mother has recently been uncovering our family history and has discovered an apparent descendency from Colonel John Hutchinson. I was googling him and came accross your question. I appreciate that you posted this a number of years ago but thought I would respond anyway. My name is Alan Hutchinson and I am a descendant of Col. John Hutchinson and his first wife Grace Haycock via their son John (Col. John's eldest son). My father's family came from Nottingham but I now live with my family in Cambridge, UK. We have so far discovered ancestry dating back to Barnard Hutchinson (birth date unknown), father of Barnard Hutchinson (born 1310). I have never logged on to anything like this before so really don't know if there is any protocol but assume that you will reply somehow if this is of inerest.
    With kind regards
    Alan

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Alan, and welcome to the forums!

Roy hasn't visited the forums for about five years, so he may not see your message.

For other ways of contacting him, you could click on his user name (in blue) to the left of his message. From there you can send either a Private Message or an email.

While you're here, have a good look around and enjoy the forums!

royhutch

Smile Col. John Hutchinson, Owthorpe

Quote Originally Posted by alfisti43 View Post
    Hi Roy,
    My mother has recently been uncovering our family history and has discovered an apparent descendency from Colonel John Hutchinson. I was googling him and came accross your question. I appreciate that you posted this a number of years ago but thought I would respond anyway. My name is Alan Hutchinson and I am a descendant of Col. John Hutchinson and his first wife Grace Haycock via their son John (Col. John's eldest son). My father's family came from Nottingham but I now live with my family in Cambridge, UK. We have so far discovered ancestry dating back to Barnard Hutchinson (birth date unknown), father of Barnard Hutchinson (born 1310). I have never logged on to anything like this before so really don't know if there is any protocol but assume that you will reply somehow if this is of inerest.
    With kind regards
    Alan
    Hello Alan,
    This is very exciting to hear from you. Yes, I am still looking for Hutchinson family members, especially from the Nottinghamshire area. I am very interested in hearing about your line from the Col. and Grace. I am unfamiliar with this line. I was not aware of Grace. If you could catch me up I would greatly appreciate it.

I am not sure when I first posted this message but in the meantime I have started a DNA project for Hutchinson family members. The project has over 100 members named Hutchinson or some variation of it. One of our members has also traced his line to the Col. but through Lucy. It would be extremely interesting to compare your DNA to his and to the rest of the project. There are three distinct lines, according to the DNA, that all trace their roots back to Barnard.

You can see my website at:
    www.
    hutchinsondna.net

Looking forward to comparing notes.
    Roy Hutchinson
    Co-Admininstrator
    Hutchinson DNA Project

EMAIL: rhutchinsonatcomcastdotnet
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 07-02-2011 at 3:35 AM. Reason: removed direct link to a commersial website and disguised email address to prevent spammers

royhutch

Hi Kerry,
    Thank you for helping Alan find me. I do not visit the site as often as I should. When I replied I noticed that my personal website was referred to as a commercial site. The site is

www.
    hutchinsondna.net

and is strictly my hobby and is purely non profit. Is there something I should do to verify this with B&G authorities?
    Thanks
    Roy Hutchinson
    Last edited by Kerrywood; 08-02-2011 at 12:02 AM. Reason: removed direct link to commercial website

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Roy, and welcome back to the forums!

The BG forums policy on providing links to websites is explained in our Acceptable User Policy.

The link to your website was edited because the site promotes DNA testing for project members, for which a charge is made. The website address can of course remain within your post, but not as an active link.

Thanks for your understanding.

David Bate

Dear Hutchinsons

The Col. John Hutchinson who was married to Grace Haycock (mentioned by Alan) is clearly not the celebrated Col. John Hutchinson of Civil War fame, since the latter was married to Lucy Apsley, who in many ways deserves to be more celebrated than her husband. I am about to acquire a copy of the first edition of Lucy's 'Memoirs of the Life of Colonel Hutchinson' which appears to have been a family copy and carries a dedication to John Hutchinson from his uncle 'Major General A.H. Hutchinson, Owthorpe Bournmouth Xmas 1899'. The Owthorpe mentioned here is a family home in the SW of England, not the parish in Notts near where I live. I have also seen a copy of the 'Memoirs' in Notts Local Studies Library which has other MS additions to it concerning this branch of the family. Unfortunately I don't happen to have my notes at hand. I just discovered this site while searching the internet for 'Owthorpe'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast