I stumbled upon these posts with interest while researching my family, so joined the forum in order to contribute. I started researching my family a year ago or so, helped by various family documents and letters passed down through the generations. My maternal grandmother was a Hutchinson and it had always been mentioned that we have connections to Colonel John Hutchinson. This was investigated by my great Grandfather, George Ross Hutchinson and his cousin, and I have copies of their correspondence. I have no doubt that the connection is there and is potentially very direct but there is a missing link. They also in their correspondence refer to someone in the family having the family pictures and Owthorpe furniture and express concern that this should remain in the family, given that the person in possession had no offspring. My great great great grandfather Scrope Hutchinson and all his siblings were born in Southwell, Notts, to Nicholas Hutchinson (born 1733), son of Richard Hutchinson (born 1699). They alleged that Richard was the son of John and grandson of Colonel John but had no concrete evidence. I am keen to see whether this link can be established and intend to view the parish records, although I'm not convinced I will be able to learn anything from them! At any rate, there has to be a reasonably close link to the Owthorpe Hutchinsons! Any suggestions gratefully received!