Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Child View Post
    Question: was the number of passengers who boarded the ship the same as the number who disembarked in Montreal?
    According to Find My Past, the number of passengers leaving Liverpool was 1,337 (from transcription details of Anne E Griffiths' passage on the Victorian, 2 Sep 1910 - ticket No 4053. Unable to access the image of the ship's manifest at departure)

The Victorian arrived Quebec "9 Sep 1910 at 11.30". The image of the ship's manifest (available on line at Libraries and Archives Canada) records the total number of passengers as 1,336 (Saloon 208, 2nd Cabin 335, Steerage 793). The values for 2nd Cabin and Steerage are adjusted figures (crossings out etc).
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

icrookham

Hi Helachau
    Many thanks for that,it may provide part of the answer but what does it mean?Did she die en route and if so what documentation is there or what else could have happened?
    Ian

Have you looked at the manifest? I'm not sure what the figures mean and what would account for any discrepancy. Not sure if I'm comparing like with like.
    I've ploughed through the 49 pages of passengers without spotting a likely candidate. Is the 1st column the "Ticket No"? Was on the lookout for No 4053 - not easy to read and the zoom facility seems somewhat inconsistent!!

(Time for a change and off to the allotment methinks)
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

icrookham

Hi Helachau
    Yes ploughed through the manifest and definitely not on arrival manifest in Canada.My understanding is that the first column is the ticket number and like you also searched that column without success.Could have gone overboard I suppose but would have thought some record of that.
    Ian
    Ps enjoy the gardening!

Indigo_Child

Sorry it wasn't her. When I'm searching for "my" elusive family member I'll try and remember to search for Annie E. Griffiths.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123