Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Starting to feel at home

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Thanks for the new info

My grandmother, Virginia Smart, was a child of Shuthi Smart, and had to of just been born when he left to serve in the RAF. We had heard the same stories that my grandmothers childhood, that it was not great and was something we never talked about. I also didn’t know who my great grandfather was until I was an adult. It was almost like a family secret that were were Indian. And my family tried to hide the fact of our dark skin by saying we were Spanish since we were living in Texas and our family came from England. About 17 years ago my grandmother finally decided to let my sister have some information on the family and that is when everything came out about Shuthi Smart and the mystery stories behind Lord Sinha. I’ve done tons of research since then and have basically come to find the same information you have. It seems that anything short of a DNA test compared to the family, we may never really know the truth. But if you do ever find out any more information please do share as there are others out here looking to solve this mystery as well, if only to have a more clearer picture of the family dynamic.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello & welcome, as stated the original poster has not re visited the forum for some time....maybe it will be worthwhile taking up the offer of the school for the record

If you go to this link you will see a photo & biblography go to 18.22

https://www.stjosephscollege.org.uk/o...-memorial.html

cwgc.org

SMART
    Sergeant
    SHUTHI NAPOLEON N. L. B.
    Tuesday, March 10, 1942
    Age 39
    REICHSWALD FOREST WAR CEMETERY
    VIEW RECORD
    Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
    United Kingdom

Hello, PeterWood,

Sorry, I was away for a while working on other projects. I will try to contact you.

Clemmie

shereewiedman,

I am your cousin, my mother (Sally) and your grandmother are sisters.

I found the name of Shuthi's father, it is not Lord Sinha. I gave the name to your grandmother, so you may want to check with her. And I am more than happy to share anything I have with you.

I haven't been on this site for a while, I got busy working with other projects, but I am back at researching this again. I need to figure out if there is a way to private message you, I am sure there is, and then we can exchange some information.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_NB View Post
    Thank you, yes. I am actually the person who created it.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie View Post
    shereewiedman,

I am your cousin, my mother (Sally) and your grandmother are sisters.

I found the name of Shuthi's father, it is not Lord Sinha. I gave the name to your grandmother, so you may want to check with her. And I am more than happy to share anything I have with you.

I haven't been on this site for a while, I got busy working with other projects, but I am back at researching this again. I need to figure out if there is a way to private message you, I am sure there is, and then we can exchange some information.
    There is indeed.
    Go to shereewiedman's post.
    Left click on her name in the top left-hand corner, and from the dropdown menu select 'private message'.
    You get a new page, with the addressee's name already filled in. You enter a subject heading, and type your message.
    When you've finished typing, scroll down, select any miscellaneous options as required,, and then press 'submit
    message'.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Knowledgeable and helpful

Clemmie, Have you seen the entry on the 1939 Register for Shuthi and his family? The children are redacted as they may still be alive but there are 5 or 6 of entries in that state, and there is occupational info on Shuthi which you may not have. Also an address for that year. I can't give details because of Terms & Conditions of my subscription but it is through Findmypast. pwholt

Hello, pwholt,

Thank you for the information on the 1939 Register. I have gotten that information. Three of the five children are still living, my mother and her brother have both passed away.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123