Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Niclou03

Smile Tranter family tree

Hi

Does anyone have any information or related to anyone named Daniel tranter born around 1780 married Sarah waile 1797. According to what I have they had 10 children but unsure if that is correct . Also a Samuel John tranter 1900 married a Margaret bageley who had 8 children . I can't seem to get any further with this .

Thanks

Where did this all happen? Even if it's only to the country and county level, every bit of info helps, especially with establishing useful databases.

PS, welcome to Brit Gen!

Niclou03

Hi

I believe all this happened in North Yorkshire area but going that far back could be different . Daniel and Sarah married at Saint Mary parish Stafford England .

janbooth

Samuel John TRANTER is in both the 1901 census (RG13/4585, folio 51, pages 43/44) living with parents James TRANTER aged 26 and Margaret J TRANTER aged 24, both born Middlesbrough plus a sister Edith A aged 3 born South Bank. They are shown as a separate household but look as if they are living with James' parents Samuel & Hannah Elizabeth TRANTER and the 1911 census of South Bank confirms this fact.

Father James TRANTER looks to have married Margaret Jane LEADLEY in the September qtr 1897 at Middlesbrough reg district.

If you have access to Ancestry, there is a Family Tree on this family with photographs of various members of the family so it may be worthwhile contacting the owner - unless of course it is your tree. This shows that grandfather Samuel Joseph TRANTER married Hannah OUTHWAITE, that Samuel Joseph's father was William Henry TRANTER who was married to a Harriet ROGERS, that William Henry's father was a George TRANTER and that his parents were Daniel TRANTER & Sarah WAILE and there the Tree comes to an end.

Janet

Niclou03

Hi yes thankyou it may be my tree as I have all this information on mine well most of it I just could not get any further with Daniel tranter 1780 did not know if records went that far back is that why ? Or do they ?

Thanks

Niclou03

Also Samuel tranter was my grandads father who married Margaret bageley I can't find anything on her it confusing as there so many with same names ha sons named after fathers etc ...

janbooth

Further to the above, Ancestry have baptisms of 7 children to Daniel & Sarah TRANTER all at St Thomas Dudley, so could this be Daniel in the 1841 census of Dudley:

HO107/1196/5, folio 22, page 35
    Wellington Road

Daniel TRANTER 70 Ag Lab
    Joseph do 20 Collier

Both born in the County of Worcestershire.

Janet

janbooth

Records should go way back before 1780 but you will have to access parish registers before 1837 so it is important to know where Daniel came from. If the 1841 census record is for your Daniel it would appear to indicate that he may have been born in the Worcestershire/Staffordshire area - Dudley is one of those places that seems to swap counties.

To ascertain Margaret BAGLEY's origins, you really need to purchase her marriage certificate which should show her father's name and profession. The marriage between Samuel J TRANTER & Margaret BAGLEY was registered in the June qtr 1920 at Middlesbrough reg district. Once you have this certificate you should be able to trace her back via her father's name and profession in census records.

The most likely candidate is a Margaret BAGLEY, aged 9, living at 23 Clyde Street, Middlesbrough in the 1911 census with mother Elizabeth a widow aged 47 born Middlesbrough and 7 siblings. Tracing back through the census records, in the 1901 Elizabeth does not have a husband with her but in the 1891 census of Middlesbrough her husband is shown as a Charles W BAGLEY, aged 31, born Durham who is a Civil Engineer. However, to confirm this is the correct family you do need to have Margaret & Samuel's marriage certificate.

Janet

Niclou03

Oh thankyou very much that is a great help I will go to redgistered office for some birth certificates etc ....

Hi,
    Samuel John Tranter was my Grandad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast