Jane Elderfield

Default MASON John & Dorothy late 1700s, hackneyman

I have been tracking the family of John MASON, operator of a hackney-coach business in St. George Hanover Square parish, Westminster, in the late 1700s.

John's wife was named Dorothy. Children included Charles, John, Marianne, George, Eliza, Robert and William. Their home was near Grosvenor Square, with properties in Park Street and Lee's Mews (aka Shepherd's Court). John died in 1795, and Dorothy and Charles ran the business until at least 1803. Charles married Charlotte Buckland and died in 1825. He is called a "Livery Stable Keeper" in some records.

I'm pretty sure now he is NOT a relation of my family. Is he one of yours? I'm willing to share the information I collected, with sources. Contact me by private message.

--Jane Elderfield

shirleyjarrard

Default Mason

Hi this is my family. I have been struggling with Charles parents for many years. thanks for the info do you have any more fact on the family?

Jane Elderfield

Hello, shirleyjarrad,
    Welcome to the forum. You hit pay-dirt on your first dig!
    I am sending you a private message about sharing the information I collected on the MASON hackneymen.
    --Jane Elderfield

shirleyjarrard

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Elderfield View Post
    Hello, shirleyjarrad,
    Welcome to the forum. You hit pay-dirt on your first dig!
    I am sending you a private message about sharing the information I collected on the MASON hackneymen.
    --Jane Elderfield
    thanks

Shirley e-mail ShirleyATleegrimesDOTgmailDOTcom
    Last edited by christanel; 26-10-2014 at 8:50 PM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam