Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Hello Adrian

What information were you looking for at the Shropshire archives? Have you found the sameinformation on familysearch.org? If so then familysearch.org now have a photo duplication service Here

Scroll down the page and in the box under Search Research Articles type in photo duplication service.

Reading this page may help.

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ication+serice

As I said this is for information on the LDS site family search.or, not the Shropshire archives.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

adrian56

I was trying to find any newspapers in the archive going back to the 1930s thinking that maybe there might be a article about my great uncles who were running the business and maybe on a real wild goose chase maybe photos and like I mentioned it's not exactly easy to go and have a sticky beak and there is none in my family back in the UK that have a driving licence so it wouldn't be easy for them either .
    Regards
    Adrian

Hi Adrian

Take a look at the National Archives guide to newspapers online Here

Also findmypast has The British Newspaper Archive on line and you can join up for a free 14 day trial.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

adrian56

Thanks for that Christina
    Could really find anything relevant to me will have to explore another avenue haven't heard from Margaret might be tied up with another project .
    Regards
    Adrian : )

adrian56

hi people well some progress has been made searching for my grandparents as well as having their marriage certificate have also managed to find Winifred's death certificate as well as a baby born and was deceased before my dad that I didn't know about so now all I need is to find some photographs .
    I have been reading the marriage certificate and noticed the witnesses I wonder if it could help by trying to track down the descendants ( once I translated the handwriting )!
    I've noticed that there is another Canuck here on this forum so would appreciate their thoughts
    Regards
    Adrian : )

adrian56

Have hit a few brick walls I was wondering if either grandparents would have needed a passport in order to enter Canada have contacted the passport office in the UK so am waiting for their reply so while waiting thought I'd throw this idea out for discussion and if anyone thinks it might turn out fruitless .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456