p42baker@icloud

Default Thomas Price- Master Mariner-Dublin, ireland

Have been searching for 3 decades for my GGGGrandfather- Thomas Price, from England or Wales, Master on a British Man of War circa 1805- At least 2 children, Thomas Price JR., born 1802, Isabella Gordon Price-born-East Indies-1807. That name was so important to her that 4 of her Grand children and great grandchildren were named "Isabella Gordon"

Dublin, 1825- Isabella married Robert Freeman-had at least 10 children- marriage at St. Peters Dublin, COI, -
    Thomas Price Jr. also in Dublin, married Anne, had children Maria, Sarah, Thomas, James, John, Edward- searching for any information on this family- Belonged to St. Marys, Dublin, COI, Are Buried in Deans Grange.

I have tried everything possible to identify Thomas Price-Capt. on British Man of War- but have found no way to connect any of the Thomas Prices to him to his daughter, Isabella Gordon Price- She sometimes says she was born in France in 1807, but also refers to it as the East Indies. She said that her mother sailed with her father. I have checked the India docs and a number of French Islands but cannot find the births of her or her brother Thomas jr. , or a pension for her father or any death records that can be tied to him.

Any information on this man or his descendants of this family would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you. Peggy Baker
    p42bakerATicloudDOTcom
    Last edited by christanel; 10-08-2014 at 11:20 PM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam

Default Thomas Price

Your post has struck a number of chords but some a bit out of tune. My great-grandmother's brother, Enoch Price, was born in Dublin, son of Thomas Price and Enoch was himself a Master Mariner, operating as far as I can gather, all round the world. His son, as a trainee mariner, jumped ship in Melbourne and founded a large dynasty there. The bad bit is the dates which don't stack up. Thomas Price married Sarah Wade in St Luke's, Dublin in 1813, 12 years too late for your Thomas Jnr. I have identified six children ranging from 1817 to 1828. I suppose it could have been a second marriage. Church Records show 3 further marriages for Thomas Prices around that time: 1797, 1798 and Sept 1802 which would be a bit tight. Sounds like your Thomas Price married a Ms Gordon. But the mariner coincidence ... ? Colin

p42baker@icloud

Default Enoch Price

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMoore View Post
    Your post has struck a number of chords but some a bit out of tune. My great-grandmother's brother, Enoch Price, was born in Dublin, son of Thomas Price and Enoch was himself a Master Mariner, operating as far as I can gather, all round the world. His son, as a trainee mariner, jumped ship in Melbourne and founded a large dynasty there. The bad bit is the dates which don't stack up. Thomas Price married Sarah Wade in St Luke's, Dublin in 1813, 12 years too late for your Thomas Jnr. I have identified six children ranging from 1817 to 1828. I suppose it could have been a second marriage. Church Records show 3 further marriages for Thomas Prices around that time: 1797, 1798 and Sept 1802 which would be a bit tight. Sounds like your Thomas Price married a Ms Gordon. But the mariner coincidence ... ? Colin
    Hi Colin, this is amazing. I think it is more than possible there is a connection. I think it is possible that Thomas Price came back after being widowed in 1813 and then married Sarah Wade. I wonder if anyone in your family has had their DNA tested. We have numerous family members in several FTDNA and 23andme. Peggy