Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amelia Billings

gasser

Quote Originally Posted by Neathant View Post
    I haven't yet found out where she was born but seems to have spent most of her life in Neath. I found her death record on BMD.
    Free bmd has her birth recorded in Bodmin under the name Volta A

gasser

Quote Originally Posted by Neathant View Post
    I have seen a group photograph of Miss Billing and it certainly seems to be the same woman. If I can prove this, I would really like a copy of that photograph please . It is for an article which I am researching about the hospital, for our society.
    Right click and save image

Neathant

Thanks I have been assured that it is Volta who I am looking for but hadn't got as far as her birth. She died in Torquay.

SueNSW

Quote Originally Posted by gasser View Post
    Right click and save image
    Probably as a courtesy - and with the possibility of getting a better quality image for the article you are producing - and perhaps getting more information - it would be worth contacting Sue Light the writer of the blog.

She has a website - https://www.scarletfinders.co.uk/ - as well as her blog - and is a regular very knowledgeable contributor to the Great War Forum

Neathant

Default "Scarlet finders". thank you I have done this

Quote Originally Posted by SueNSW View Post
    Probably as a courtesy - and with the possibility of getting a better quality image for the article you are producing - and perhaps getting more information - it would be worth contacting Sue Light the writer of the blog.

She has a website - https://www.scarletfinders.co.uk/ - as well as her blog - and is a regular very knowledgeable contributor to the Great War Forum
    Thank you Gasser for all your hard work, it's leaving me more confused. Perhaps there were two Miss Billings but I know mine rec Royal Red Cross medal because it is documented locally.

gasser

Perhaps there were two Miss Billings but I know mine rec Royal Red Cross medal because it is documented locally.
    Personally, I very much doubt there being 2 Miss Billing(s) particulrly at Neath, however it is for you to decide. Good luck with your article
    FMP has this:
    First Name(s):Volta Anne Last Name:Billing
    Service:TERRITORIAL FORCE NURSING SERVICE
    Initials:V A Title:Miss
    Postion:Matron, 3rd Western General Hospital, Neath Section
    Class of 1st award:First Volume 1:145/1 Page 1:223
    London Gazette Date 1:Wed Oct 24 1917
    1st Award Notes: Decorated by the King at Buckingham Palace
    Investiture Date 1:Wed Nov 14 1917

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12