Thread: Leslie booth

B17Fan

Default Leslie booth

I'm trying to find out some information about a Leslie booth. He would've been born in the late 1910's - mid 1920's. I know he lived in Nottingham in the late 30's/early 40's. He was married to my late nan and they had a son. They didn't stay together though. I wonder if anyone has any connection to leslie? He spent time in Berkshire too.

Allan F Sparrow

A quick search at FreeBMD shows a loooong list of men named Leslie Booth born in the 1910s and 1920s, some of them in Nottinghamshire - but of course your man need not have been born in Nottingham to have lived there. You will probably need to give this forum your nan's name and a possible date for the marriage - that would at least increase the chances of something being found.

B17Fan

I have a marriage date for them. Dec Qtr 1942 in Newbury. That's all I know unfortunately

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Leslie Booth
    Spouse Surname: Thatcher
    Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1942
    Registration district: Newbury
    Volume Number: 2c
    Page Number: 729

As you indicate, this appears to e the marriage, if you do not have your nan's marriage certificate, I would suggest that you obtain it.
    Allan at #2 has indicated there are numerous perosns by the name of Leslie BOOTH, the certificate will let us know:

Leslie's age /Address /vocation / father's name & vocation ALL of these are needed to identify Leslie
    Have a look at the GRO site where you will find information about the certificates and are able to order them for £9.25 sterling www.gro.gov.uk

Once you have this information, if there is a possibility the Leslie MAY be living, I suggest you see if you can identify him from the site www.freebmd.org.uk

Please come back and let us know how you get on