Loves to help with queries

Default 1851 William Burroughs

Could someone please try to find for me William Burroughs in 1851 age in 1851 would be about 17 born Kings Stanley
    Thank you Sue

willow

1851 HO107/1965 Folio 327 (all born Kings Stanley)
    William Burroughs Head 41 ...Bailiff to his father
    Johanna Burroughs Wife 37 ...Bailiffs wife
    Martha Burroughs Dau 21 unm...Dairymaid
    William Burroughs Son 16 ...Servant to his Grandfather
    Hannah Burroughs 15 ...Dairymaid
    Ellen Burroughs 13...Servant
    Harmers Stream?, Kings Stanley, Gloucestershire

Sue

Loves to help with queries

Default 1851 William Burroughs

Thanks for your help Sue

Kind regards Sue

pigletarthur

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby View Post
    Could someone please try to find for me William Burroughs in 1851 age in 1851 would be about 17 born Kings Stanley
    Thank you Sue
    I am just going thru my late step father's letters from his father who was born in Kings Stanley in 1885 and died in 1979.
    A letter written in 1968 by Frank Burroughs said that William was a farmer of Middleyard and was buried in the Baptist Chapel Graveyard, Kings Stanley, Gloucestershire as was his son William. The 2nd Wm had a daug Kate who married a Walters. It was written that her father went to London in 1880. I have discovered this was true as he married in London in 1854. However I have been unable to find Kate's marriage. Frank descended from another Burroughs line so he has not written any more in this letter. I am still working my way thru them and will let you know if anything else turns up.

sammysaid

If its any help I believe William Burroughs married Sarah Douglass, in 3/4 of 1854 in Islington (volume 1b page 304).

pigletarthur

Thank you Sue. I have now looked on ancestry and found their banns. Sarah was a widow, botp, married after banns on 2, 9 and 16 July, marriage taking place on July 23 1854 at St Mary Islington.
    Their actual marriage is listed under her name though. He was a cabinet maker, father John a farmer and she was the daughter of Thomas Cox? a fishmonger. Both signed. Sarah was living at 4, North St. and William at 5, St Stephen's Terrace, Kings Cross. I do not recognise the signatures of the witnesses. Is this family closely related to you?

olcodger

Hi Sue, You probably already know this but William Burroughs (senior) was married to Joanna Wall (b.1808) the 10th of 11 children born to Joseph and Eleanor Wall (nee Walkley)
    Best wishes, Malcolm J.