Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

If Edward James and Sarah Elizabeth ARE the correct parents', Esther (married to John Wallis) may not be her sister, however it seems very coincidental that two Loveridges' married two Wallis' in the same place and similar time, perhaps Esther and Tryphena were cousins.

Hopefully the marriage certificate will name Tryphena's father as Edward James.

Other children I've found with surname Loveridge, MMN Peasland:

Both born Towcester.
    Births Sep 1913, Frederick; Births Sep 1921, Edith M.

A link to memorial stone inscriptions for Loveridges in Towcester cemetery. One is for a Carrie Eliza, same name as a child in 1911 census, possibly named after her?

https://www.
    mkheritage.co.uk/tdlhs/FamHist/Cemetery/byname/byname_L.html

Edward James and Sarah Elizabeth can be traced back through census, but until we know if they are the right parents' there's no point researching them.

Not long to wait for marriage cert!

Alma.

I am having doubts regarding Tryphena's parents'. Tryphena's children don't appear to have any of the family names on the 1911 census, this of course is not definitive, but, generally Romanies tended to carry given names through the generations. However, if she had a fall out with her family, as you suggested she did, this could be why.

Katemartin

Default An update!

Well, we got the certificate! My grandfather and grandmother were married on February 3rd 1943. They were bachelor/spinster accordingly. My grandmother is noted as being "about 35 yrs" which amused me - even then she wasn't sure!

My grandmother is indeed listed as Tryphena, and her father was....Joseph Loveridge (Deceased) - Hawker.

My grandfathers side of the entry is rather interesting though...

William J. Wallis/Wallace/Parker. All three names are in fact listed on the certificate. No further information as to why this may be, but I think that Almach's investigations were extremely interesting and I'd quite like to find out more about that.
    (Ref to John Wallis married Esther Loveridge: this birth looks interesting - Births Jun 1919, Peterborough, 3b 274, John Wallis, mother's maiden name PARKER (one of the surnames William was entered as on his marriage to Tryphena.)
    His fathers details (his name at least) were what we had kind of already touched on, but there was a little surprise at the end! It made all sorts of things run through my mind - not least the fact that he'd be quite easy to trace through a census; Harry Wallis (Deceased) - Escapologist!

One of their witnesses simply made a mark for her name, which makes a little sense as we think this was Annie, my grandmothers younger sister.

So now we know we were barking up the right tree with the Joseph Loveridge links, and with the Harry Wallis links too! Just hope this makes it easier to dig other things up too. The escapology thing has me really intrigued! But then, so does the Parker surname that keeps cropping up...

peggysmum

hello kate martin. been reading through your thread and find it very intresting and am wondering if there is any link with my family. my lot are loveridges and parkers, they stick together through the centuries and are still pretty much parkers marrying loveridges. the families mostly come from the Essex,beds,herts,suffolk area. also we have a few tryphenas in the family.
    tracey

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234