Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Lucrecia
    Many thanks for the family tree diagram and other data. I need to look closely and carefully at the data. My paternal line descends from Henry Jacobs/Kitty Moses ( Kitty died pre 1841 Census and was the daughter of Moshe Cohen- you can see Henry Jacobs tombstone plus brief data on the lines on Cemetery Scribes website)- Henry and Kitty's daughter Elizabeth who married John Hart is my 3x great grandmother. I have posted on my Hart lines in some detail on BJ Jewish Forum. I have 2 Hart lines who married into each other.
    Will post more tomorrow.
    Phillip

Lucrecia
    I noted on your Ancestry.Com Family tree that you have a date of death for Eve wife of Woolfe Simmonds in 1856. The date is incorrect. Here is data from The Jewish Victorian.Genealogical Information from the Jewish Newspapers 1861-1870 transcribed and edited by Doreen Berger,2004 Publisher Robert Boyd:
    DEATH 28.9.1869 at the residence of her daughter MRS BENJAMIN, 128 Strand relict of WOOLFE SIMMONDS of Newington ,Surrey age 90

There is also a message of condolence for the death of a son of Eve and Woolfe but his name is not stated:
    MRS SIMMONDS AND MRS BENJAMIN thanks for condolences for their late lamented son and brother -128 Strand July 7,1869.

I will post on a new thread for Daniel Jacobs.
    Phillip

Lucrecia and other Jacobs relatives
    For clarity here is the Marriage Record for Woolf Simmons aka Simmonds and Eve Jacobs- See Synagogue Scribes site GSM 057/5
    WOOLF SIMMONS - father's Hebrew name Moshe from Cassel- EVE JACOBS- father's Hebrew name Zelig Elte
    6 August 1800- Great Synagogue London

Also on Synagogue Scribes site Will Extracts NA 1225
    Woolf SIMMONDS 2 January 1845
    He left probate to his wife Eve and named his executors- 2 High Street Newington Butts, Surrey Clothes Dealer and General Salesman.

The surname Simmons/Simmonds/Simon appears to have been interchangeable.
    Phillip

Lucrecia and Jacobs relatives
    Here is a summary of the Probate for Eve Simmonds in which she names her son Judah Lee Simmonds as sole executor:
    Eve Simmonds late of 128 Strand Middlersex widow deceased died 28 September, 1869 at 128 Strand. Proved by the oath of JUDAH LEE SIMMONDS 16 Fish Hill Street City of London Merchant the son the surviving executor - Effects under £100

Phillip

Blanche Julia

Default Myer Levey

Hello - greetings from Green Valley, NSW, Australia

My Great, Great, Great Grand Parents "Mark H Hart & Blanche Julia Levey" were married in Sydney "The Great Synagogue" in 1882

Blanche Julia's father was "Myer Levey" formerly from London

Could you please advise whether I have made a correct connection with your thread dated 03.02.2006 with Phillip and Splouffe

If I am correct could you point me further to Blanche Julia's family line

Thank you

Blanche Julia

Blanche
    I think it would make sense for you to set up a new thread for your enquiry. To my knowledge, your line has nothing to do with my own Jacobs ancestors and descendants. The 2006 original post was not related to the Jacobs as you can see.

Your own line is the Mark Henry Hart ( father Henry Hart who had a hotel in Yass circa 1840s) who married Blanche Julia Levey ( would look at the other spelling for Levey aka Levy.I can see a Rootsweb enquiry in 2014 regarding your lines and data on the various families and marriages.Is this an enquiry you made?
    I would recommend setting up the new thread with a main heading such as "Mark Henry Hart b 1850- and Blanche Julia Levey..."
    This would enable other researchers who maybe related to see a clear link rather than on this generic Jacobs thread.
    Hope this helps.
    Phillip

Blanche
    If you look on the Cohen and Cassirer Family Genealogy website set up by Prof Jim Falk in Melbourne you will see references and data relating to Henry Hart 1816 -1884 and his wife Hannah Levy which are the lines you are researching- the specific line relates to the parents of Henry.
    I have not looked in detail at this specific line but you will see that I do have relatives who connect through marriages to the Cohen, Hart, Levy who are also documented in the records on this website- I sent Jim this data some years ago. In addition, I do have Hart/Levey relatives but these do not appear to be related to your lines although I have no knowledge about any Levey who may be the siblings of my specific Levey.
    My strong advice as previously said is to set up a new thread with as much relevant data as you can post. I will take a closer look myself at the current data and post if relevant.
    Phillip

Blanche
    I have taken the liberty of setting up a new thread headed "Mark Henry Hart - Blanche Julia Levey" so that you can add data and other researchers can respond.
    Phillip

Blanche Julia

Phillip

Thank you so much for your clear direction

And for the New Thread

I have actually made contact with Irish Jewish Genealogy - I may have made a correct connection with the Blanche Julia Levy Line

Thanks again & Cheers

Blanche Julia

nikkastar

Hi, Phillip! It's Anne from the USA! Hope all is well. I happened to stumble across the name Jacob Levi as being a convict sent to Australia ( under convict of the third settlement?). This would have happened between 1815-1830. Since my ancestor Jacob Levy is so elusive, I was wondering if this was him. My instinct is telling me no because I think someone established that he died before 1827 in England. Do you have any ideas about how I could find out more about him? Any help would be appreciated.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast