Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lisagrace

Default southall electoral role

trying to find who lived at 26 dagmar road southall in 1946 and 1945

I know in 1947 hilda flint and george smith lived there...
    but am trying to find both of them before 1947.
    I know for definate that they were an item in 1947. previous to that hilda was married to a robert morgan flint and george was married to someone else ( I do not know there name) she became a widow and he was divorced . need to find out if they were together before 1947 and if so where were they.

If anyone know how I go about looking Id be greatful.xxxxx

pippycat

I haven't hit on 1946/46 yet, so the best I can come up with so far is 1963 and 1964 Electoral Registers on Ancestry.

- both years at 26 Dagmar Road is Beatrice M Flint and George Smith.

In case anyone can help: Dagmar Road is listed under TB Polling District. Glebe Ward, Southall in the London Borough of Ealing.

Might also be worth trawling through the phone books.

Rebecca

lisagrace

thankyou rebecca
    i have them both between 1947- 1968 at 26 dagmar road unmarried, they married in 1963 when he finally divorced (to whom we have no idea) he died 5 years later in 1968
    she married robert flint in 1935 her birth name is beatrice hilda but obviously she was better known as hilda because she managed to marry george as hilda beatrice.
    no idea when robert died trying to work out the time gap between roberts death and the relationship with george.
    x

pippycat

There is this death of a Robert Morgan Flint - a soldier, died 1943 Italy.

hopefully the link will work:

https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/ca...OBERT%20MORGAN

I thought this marriage might have been Hilda:

Hilda B Flint and George Smith March Q 1968 Ealing, Greater London. v5b p355

Still struggling with Electoral Registers anywhere around 1944-1946 Southall
    - found: 1959 Hilda and George at 26 Dagmar Road and 1961 they are there with Dion L Flint.

Might have narrowed the gap to between 1944/1947 for when 'Hilda met George'

Rebecca

lisagrace

if you were here Rebecca id give you a great big hug.xxxxxxxxx
    Thankyou thankyou for all your help

Thats amazing how you found out Roberts death, it does narrow the gap, Dion L was the son of Robert and Hilda. Yes that is the marriage of hilda and george

Lisa x

pippycat

Your welcome Lisa.

I found Robert on CWGC own website (Commonwealth War Graves Commission)

- he is also listed on Ancestry under both UK Army Roll of Honour and UK Commonwealth War Graves, but there is a difference in his 'Regiment at death' between those two.
    Commonwealth War Graves have The Princess Louise's Kensington Regiment, UK Army Roll have Duke of Cambridge's Own. Infantry.

......I don't know about military, so couldn't help you with that. I suppose it would only really matter Lisa if you wanted to go after Roberts Army records.

Find a Grave also have Robert listed, hardly any info on the man himself, but something of the battle I presume he was involved and died in.....tragic, only 24 yrs old.

Its late now so I'll have another look tomorrow for something between 1944-1947 for Hilda and George.

Rebecca
    Last edited by pippycat; 16-01-2014 at 11:41 PM. Reason: spelling

lisagrace

evening Rebecca, ive had a productive day.
    George smith was married to a violet Margaret Paine in 1929 they lived in Norwood then in 1933 they moved to 18 Dagmar Road, this house was also occupied with Paris John Paine & his wife Frances.( possibly g-parents or parents.)

George & Violet moved into 26 Dagmar road in 1935.

There is a record of them there until 1939.........The next record I can find is George with Hilda in 1947,

therefore violet has moved out and Hilda has taken her place.

George & Hilda's 1st child was born ,march 1946, was hilda his affair?

I cannot find where Violet went or if they had children. On his marriage cert to Hilda it states marriage previously dissoved.

There doesnt seem to be any records for Dagmar Road during the years 1940-1946
    Let me know if you have any ideas where i can find the records for these years

lisax

lisagrace

just spotted on the front page that electoral role not availiable during 1940-1944. still cant find 1945-46 in uxbridge even though other boroughs were doing it. guess this means i'll never answer that question.

pippycat

Lisa

I've been looking around but can't seem to find anything for those crucial years 1940-1946...and it would be interesting to know where Hilda was from 1944 after her husband had died.

We don't know if it was Hilda who caused the break up between George and Violet, but lets give her the benefit of the doubt and say not. That means they got together sometime during or after 1944 and they must have been an item by June 1945 if a child was born March 1946...so that's a narrow time frame, shame there's no records for us to look at!

George and Violet were still together 1939 so by the time they actually parted ways and started divorce proceedings that could have been any time say from 1940 onwards.
    Curious George and Hilda never wed till 1968, I wonder if that means no divorce made final till nearer that time?
    I must have a look to see if there is any record of a divorce for George and Violet.

Lisa it might be worth you contacting Ealing Local History Centre to see if they can help - they, at least, could steer you in the direction of any records that might hold info on George and Hilda.
    I think its a nasty time frame 1940-1946, there's no census and a war raging for starters!

Anyway, no harm in asking. email: localhistory AT ealing DOT gov DOT uk
    - lets see what they have to say!

Their website states they have incomplete Electoral Registers for Borough of Ealing 1919 to 1964 and obviously it has to be the years we most wanted!

Interestingly they have some Ealing Civil Defence Personnel lists 1939-1945....if George or Hilda were doing their bit for the war, their name might be listed.

Ealing website also mentions checking London Metropolitan Archives for Electoral Registers and Rate Books.

I hope the History Centre manage to come up with something...but in the meantime I'll have a look for the divorce.

Rebecca

lisagrace

Thankyou for helping me Rebecca your a *****STAR*****

lisa x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast