Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Hello,
    Thanks Christina
    There are two Richard Corrin, almost on the next page to each other on the 1841 census. Richard and Margaret and (Richard and Elizabeth the family you mentioned, unfortunately the children don't match with our family). Have stayed with Richard and Margaret Corrin instead.
    Regards
    Green family
    P.S. Long shot :-
    You don't have a Margaret Alice Corrin b:26 Jun 1891 arriving in Australia or New Zealand about 1915-1920 with her sister Florence Mirian Corrin b: 20 Jan 1890 both disappear after 1915 ????

fidgit

Default Margaret Alice Corrin

Hello
    I am descended from the family who adopted Margaret Alice Corrin and she married (no details) Thomas Herbert Cain (b abt. 1877) and had a daughter Lorna Cain. That is all I know. Thomas Herbert Cain was the son of Wm Cain and Mary Alice Cain nee Telford. Wm Cain's parentage is uncertain but I assumed James Cain and Margaret however if his mother was Mary then he could be the brother of your Thomas Cain i.e. MA Corrin's grandfather making her being a great niece of those who brought her up not niece. This needs proving. The marriage would then be between 1st cousins once removed. Lorna's married name is Helmers and I assume she was born before or after 1914. TH Cain was variously described as a butcher, decorator and grainer and according to family information was a wastral or black sheep of the family! I have not found him living with MA Corrin only as a boarder in 1911 although they may have married after that. Hope this is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by green family View Post
    Hello hope you can help!
    I am trying to find any information about my friends grand mother, she gave away her father (six week old) to be looked after by the paternal family in Haydock in December 1914.
    I know both her parents and siblings, but have only a small amount of information about Margaret. She was born 26 June 1891 Margaret Alice Corrin, parents William Henry Corrin 1870-1932 and Sarah Mary Corrin nee Cain 1869 -1932 both died in Douglas. Birth certificate shows she was unmarried with child Fred Douglas Pimblett Corrin born 7 Nov 1914 in Douglas, at 17 castle street, Douglas occupation Domestic Servant.
    Her older sister Florence Mirian Corrin born 20 Jan 1890 and her younger brother Thomas William Cain Corrin 1896-1979 died in Douglas.
    The Corrin family had a Butchers business on Castle street, Douglas in the 1870s - 1880s
    Can not find Margaret on 1901 or 1911 census, she is not with her parents in Douglas.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
    Regards
    Green Family

Hello fidgit,
    I cannot find any marriage of Margaret Alice Corrin to Thomas Herbert Cain. Lorna Agnes Cain was born in 1908 in Toxteth, England and on the 1911 Census Margaret Alice Corrin is single living in Castle Street, Isle of Man. Thomas Herbert Cain on the 1911 Census is living in Dalton Street, Isle of Man married but no wife living with him.
    Thanks for the message.
    Regards,
    Green Family

fidgit

I have no details of the marriage between MA Corrin and TH Cain but have it from the family that they married. I would assume the marriage failed especially since she had a son by another man Plimblett. In 1911 TH Cain is a boarder at 6 Dalton St. with a widow as landlady Mrs Isabel Kneen who may be a relative. TH Cain was known as Herbert and I assume after marriage they lived in Toxteth but both returned to the IOM by 1911. Perhaps Plimblett was met during the time in Lancs since he was brought up in Haydock although son not born until 1914. Very intriguing. Would be nice to prove that Wm Cain was the great uncle of MA Corrin. Have you got any further with that?

fidgit

Quote Originally Posted by green family View Post
    Hello fidgit,
    I cannot find any marriage of Margaret Alice Corrin to Thomas Herbert Cain. Lorna Agnes Cain was born in 1908 in Toxteth, England and on the 1911 Census Margaret Alice Corrin is single living in Castle Street, Isle of Man. Thomas Herbert Cain on the 1911 Census is living in Dalton Street, Isle of Man married but no wife living with him.
    Thanks for the message.
    Regards,
    Green Family
    There is also a Lorna Esther Cain b 1906 Douglas but no father or mother given in https://www.iomfhs.im/lawsons/births/cain.html. Do you know which one is the half sister?
    Regards
    fidgit

Hello Fidgit
    The facts we have are that Margaret Alice Corrin was born 26 June 1891 on the 31 Mar 1901 Census age 5 years, living at Strand Street, Douglas, spinster, Isle of Man, stated adopted daughter.
    On the 2 Apr 1911 Census age 17 years, at Castle Street, Onchan, Douglas, spinster, Isle of Man.
    On the 7 Nov 1914 Margaret mother with son Fred at 17 Castle Street, Douglas, Isle of Man.
    Registered 9 Dec 1914 in Isle of Man on the Birth Certificate.
    Family information, 6 weeks after birth, abandon her child with fathers extended family, Margaret Alice Corrin not seen again?

Your information
    In 1906 the birth of Lorna Ester Cain, Margaret Alice Corrin was only 11 years old at the time
    In 1908 the birth of Lorna Agnes Cain, again Margaret Alice Corrin only 13 years old.

There is another Margaret Alice Corrin born 28 Sep 1984 in the Isle of Man, and a few Margaret A Corrin

How reliable are the facts from your family, you have been given?

Regards
    Green Family

fidgit

If M Corrin is born 26 Jun 1891 then she would be 10 in 1901 not 5 and 20 in 1911 not 17 and she would be aged 15 in 1906 when LE Cain born or 17 when LA Cain born both possible for that birth date!!

Regards
    a Cain descendant

Hello Fidget
    I have just noticed that in error on the 1911 Census at 6 Dalton Street for "Thomas Herbert Cain" age 35 years border, married for 11 years with 4 children, 3 still living, crossed off. “The enumerator only requires on the census information about married women children”. You may need to start researching for a marriage about 1899 - 1901.
    Good luck in your endeavours, and welcome to the Forum
    Regards
    Green Family

fidgit

Hi Green family

My information is that MA Corrin died of consumption but I do not know where or when. I can find no marriage as yet.

Regards
    fidgit

Hello Fidgit

Was rushing to reply to help, before going out, was a “Typing error" 1901 Census was supposed to read 5 Strand Street not age and 1911 Census was 17 Castle Street not her age again.
    Then sorry about the maths, calculated incorrectly 2 years of the your information for the LE Cains and LA Cains.
    Thanks for the MA Corrin consumption death information.

Regards

Green Family

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast