Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    genigal

Thank you. Richard Clark Tuck was probably born around 1777. Robert Clark Tuck is witness to marriage in 1800. I will secure Robert's will to see connection. His 1801 may either be a coincidence or a strong clue to other connections. Richard's mother was sister-in-law to Stephen Clark.

genigal

Probably late for Richard's parents, but I also am interested in the lateral lines. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Possibly belonging to the same family

Susanna Clark Tuck
    Baptised:21 Sep 1807
    St Leonard, Shoreditch
    Borough:Hackney
    Parent(s): William Tuck, Elizabeth Tuck
    Register Type: Bishop's Transcript

genigal

Yes, Janet. Richard Clark Tuck and several of his family, came first to Montreal, British North American, then he and three children came to New York. He actually died in Ohio between 1840 and 1850. They left England between July and October of 1833. I have the movements of all the children, both marriages. The earliest record I have for Richard is 1800, his marriage to Mary Cook Touchet. I have no records for Robert Clark Tuck except for his witness of that 1800 marriage. Mary Ann (Mondet) Tuck's death in Montreal is witnessed by a Robert Clark Tuck but I am not sure if that was true or a misspeak by a grieving spouse, Richard. She died shortly after arrival in Montreal. I would guess the sudden death was from ship fever (thyphus) or cholera.

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    Have you found Richard's death record at all as that may give more information than we have on our English death records.

Janet

genigal, I'm wondering if you've seen this marriage and explored it further. Courtesy of family search, but may be available elsewhere I've not looked in other places, however as marriage cert's at the time gave little info I doubt there'll be more info unless the marriage was by licence.

3 February 1766 Saint Luke,Chelsea,London, William Toock/Elizabeth Clark

genigal

Indeed, I will check it out, thank you. It sounds like a good possibility.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12