Thread: Haggerston

Loves to help with queries

Default Haggerston

Hi: I'm looking for the birth registration of an ancestor named William Daniels. His date of birth, according to the 1861 census was born in 1844 at Haggerston, Middx. There are three William Daniels born in Middx, in that year:

Sept. 1844 at Whitechapel
    Dec. 1844 at Strand
    Dec. 1844 at Benthnal Green

I've not been able to tie Haggerston to either of these three. Is there some connection that escapes me?

Thanks in advance

Nicolina

Haggerston and Bethnal Green are neighbouring areas..

jac65

Hi

The most likely birth registration is

William Daniels Shoreditch Registration district June Qtr 1843 Vol 2 page 342

Haggerston was in the Shoreditch Registration District.

The 1861 census was on the 7th April 1861 so a person aged 17 on that census would be born between 8th April 1843 and 7th April 1844.

Andy

Thanks Jac65: I think this is our man. In my experience, first born children tend to crop up within a year of marriage, and this case is no different since William's parents married in 1842. Oddly, tho', I haven't so far found the family in the 1851 census.

jac65

Hi

The Daniels family in 1851 HO107; Piece: 1479; Folio: 788; Page: 34 Ancestry have transcribed surname as Daumts

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by jac65 View Post
    Hi

The Daniels family in 1851 HO107; Piece: 1479; Folio: 788; Page: 34 Ancestry have transcribed surname as Daumts

Andy
    Andy -- you're a wonder! Thank you so much. This is certainly the family. I would never have figured 'Daumts' as 'Daniels'.