Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Smile Louisson (Isaac) & Pyke families London

Hi, I'm helping a friend with his family tree (his surname is Louisson). I have been looking at some of the posts re George Melville Louisson, there is so much its hard to work out. So far I have got. George Melville Louisson married to Julia Pyke. George's father is Joel Isaac who committed suicide, and his father is Judah Leib ben Isaac. George changed his name to Louisson after his fathers death. Am I correct at this point ?.
    George M Louisson's son Cecil Louisson b abt 1837-41 is John's line. Cecil married Elizabeth Jacobs 1859 London. They went to Victoria, Australia, then joined brothers Charles & Alfred in New Zealand. I would like to find out more about these families, and would appreciate any help.
    Julia Pyke's family
    Elizabeth Jacobs's family
    Also more on the Isaac, Louisson side if possible.
    Looking forward to replys

Hi
    The information you have agrees with the 2 public trees on ancestry. You have taken it a step further back having found Joel's father. They do not have parents for Julia Sykes either.

Whilst searching I found the apprenticeship of Joel Isaac to Thomas Templar, Watchmaker, of Portsea Co Hants
    Payment date 14 Jul 1775.

Christanel
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

There are two marriage registrations for Cecil Louisson and Elizabeth Jacobs and in the 1861 census
    RG9/276/125/22 Cecil age 24 is unmarried and boarding with the Burtons. There is a Frederick Louisson age 22 with him.

Sep 1/4 1859
    Registration district - London
    Vol 1c page 172

And

Sep 1/4 1861
    Registration District - City of London, County -London
    Vol 1c page 235
    William Burroughs

Thanks Christanel, I have found that. I was hoping to find out more about Elizabeth Jacobs. I have been able to trace Cecil, but no nothing about Elizabeth Jacobs.

Hi
    In the 1851 census there are too many Elizabeth Jacobs to sort out which one is 'yours.' Your friend may have to buy the marriage certificate to find out Elizabeth's father's name and his occupation.

In your original post you say Cecil was born 1837/41. He is on the 1841 census, age 4, with his parents and siblings. Do you have this?

Christanel
    William Burroughs

yes i do sorry for the delay my husband using my computer im on my kindle and not used to it, there has been posts by Phillip whom seems to have alot on the family, i have gathered bits from his post. Im hoping he will get intouch. I would kike to find out what Jewish sites are available for research

Hi
    you could send Phillip a private message. Click on his user name then choose private message from the drop down menu.

Christanel
    William Burroughs

Thanks Christanel, I will do that

Jules
    I have read your posts and have made an initial start at looking for data. I do hold various family trees for the Pyke lines and will see whether they reveal connections to the Louisson. As a start note- Death on the 16th inst at Geelong Saul JACOBS youngest son of M Jacobs of London and the beloved brother of Mrs E J Jones and Mrs Cecil LOUISSON of Christchurch NZ. The Argus Melbourne Thurs 17 July 1890.
    I will take a longer look at data tomorrow but you might want to look at the Saul Jacobs and his father M Jacobs line to see if it does relate. As you know from my numerous posts I have Jacobs and Pyke relatives so I am interested to know if Elizabeth Jacobs is related to these lines.
    On British Jewry Archives you will note that Sherry Landa was querying the marriage records ( 2007 Archives) relating to Cecil Louisson and Elizabeth Jacobs. Does your friend have a copy of the GRO Marriage Record? If not, I would suggest getting a copy which would reveal the name/occupation of Elizabeth Jacobs's father plus her address.
    I will see what else I can discover.
    Phillip

I am posting data on Moses Pyke d 1792 and his wife Elsa d 1794 taken from a Hyamson family tree on this Pyke line. Given the variability in terms of quality of accuracy in family trees I would recommend caution until facts are fully verified. This Moses Pyke line relates to George Louisson through the marriage of Julia Pyke daughter of Moses. There are insufficient details to fill in the gaps regarding Elizabeth Jacobs and Cecil Louisson but the tree provides tentative data on lines to be confirmed. In addition, Hyamson has a separate family tree on Moses Pyke which relates to Great Synagogue Membership- this data should be cross checked with records on Cemetery Scribes and Synagogue Scribes.
    The Hyamson Family tree for Moses Pyke has: Eleazer his son m Sarah; dau m 1806 George Loison; dau ( not named) m 1808 Sahisl? son of Isaac Kaufmann; Judah Leib (Lion) m Clara.
    The Gt Synagogue Members tree records George Lewison mem A? Arye b R Joel ( no 865) 1826
    There are other names referred to on the tree but these are not specific to George Lewison/Louisson.
    I am still researching the various data and will post updates.
    Phillip

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast