Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    pippycat

There is also this sad account which mentions Henry and Priscilla Willets

https://www.mick-armitage.staff.shef..../picflud8.html

Rebecca

pippycat

The burial details for Priscilla, Henry and some other family members are on this link:
    (not Mary Ann as yet)

https://sheffieldindexers.com/index.html

Rebecca

I've noticed the link only takes you to the home page.
    Follow the links for Burials and enter a search for: priscilla will*
    which brings the relevant info up immediately. From there you can follow the other links for more burials.
    Last edited by pippycat; 26-12-2013 at 1:35 PM. Reason: added info

silverdigger

I believe Louisa did marry Arthur Culf, so your research seems to confirm mine. Thanks for that. I am also wondering if the families entry for 1861 has been missed as I know in another branch of my family Ancestry have missed a page and they are not keen to put it in. The reason they gave was they don't do it until there are a lot of requests from other people researching the same family!!!

The death for Priscilla, seems interesting. I'll take a look at that.

Thanks Rebecca

silverdigger

Rebecca,

Links worked. Thank you so much this is really great. I will do more research. One day I'll get to work out these 'Woottons'. Hopefully I'm getting a few steps closer.

With best wishes

Silverdigger

Allan F Sparrow

Yet if you are right that Thomas's first wife was Ann, then the baptisms we found that call her Dorothy or Dorothea would seem to be a complete red herring!

silverdigger

This is why I have gone white!!!

There are none of his female children named Dorothy, or grd chrn, but there are Ann's and Mary Ann's. One is living with Thomas and second wf Ann in 1841. She married William Griffies in 1836 and her bro Charles was a witness. This Ann was born in B'ham and the only birth I have found so far that fits gives her ftr's occupation as a 'Stirrup maker'. If he is the right ftr then it is possible that he may have been in the army (or attached) and that is why his son was born in Colchester and another dtr in Windsor. I have tried to search army records, but found nothing that helps. The change of occupation to 'clerk' always seems to muddy the waters.

I have also found a possible death for Mary Ann Willits in B'ham 1852 BMD, so I am wondering if she died there before Henry moved with his chrn to Sheffield.

pippycat

If I have the correct Thomas and Ann:

1841 census: 1141 f52 p27
    Manchester St. Birmingham
    Thomas Wootton 1786. Clerk
    Ann 1801
    Emma 1831
    Elizabeth 1838

It states both Thomas and Ann are Not born in county of Warwickshire, although both the girls are.
    .......or maybe I've gone wrong somewhere?

Rebecca

Name well known on Brit-Gen

#2 & #5

St George's Hanover Sq Westminster

Thomas WOOTTON married Dorothy SPEARS 20 oct 1802

issue baptised

Thomas 09 Dece 1803
    William 21 April 1805
    Richard 22 Feb 1807
    MARY ANN 06 Jan 1811 b 10 Dce 1810
    Frances 03 May 1812
    George 18 Feb 1816 Farrier of Pimlico
    CHARLES May 1818 Farrier of Pimlico
    Ann 25 July 1819 Farrier of Pimlico
    Louisa Frances 17 June 1821 Farrier of Pimlico
    Elizabeth Eliza 46 July 1823 Farrier of Pimlico

There is a burial for a Dorothy of Wilton Road aged 58 21 MAy 1832

I see no reason why the children could not have been born elsewhere being returned to their parents home church for Baptism!

As a farrier it was likely that Thomas could have journeyed

Allan F Sparrow

That's a great discovery.
    Your point about a farrier being likely to travel about is totally valid, as well.
    So perhaps the thread is going somewhere. Wish I'd had time to contribute more...

silverdigger

No Rebecca, you haven't got it wrong, Emma was bpt 4 Dec 1831 Aston Juxta B'ham ftr occup Manufacturer's clerk, lvg Manchester St. Elizabeth bpt 17 Nov 1839 St James the Less, which is near Manchester St, ftr's occup book keeper. Ann his wife was born in Bridgnorth Shropshire and as Thomas' son Charles' birth is given as around 1814 I think she is unlikely to be his mtr, especially when I found a mrg for TW to Ann Walker and he was given as a widower.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast