Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thumbs up O'sullivan family 1901 census

Hi I have been looking for this family for the last 10 years. I have just gained access to the 1901 Irish census and I believe that May O'sullivan was the grandmother of my wife. My father in law said that he used to travel to Castleconnel Co Limerick quite often in the 1920 - 1930 when he was a young lad. We know her as Annie May and on her marriage certificate her father is Peter a road steward ( labourer ) as 1911 census. She married in 1913 in England.
    As my in laws have passed on we have little knowledge of the family but are desperate to know more
    Please get in contact soonest
    Terry

thewideeyedowl

Lightbulb Possible breakthrough

Hi Terry and a very big welcome to BritGen

Many many thanks for this post. The smidgeon of info you have given might be a breakthrough for me too and I will explain further in a pm quite soon.

May O'Sullivan does not feature with her family in the 1911 census. She would then have been about 17 or 18, so perhaps living away as a domestic servant(?). Or had she already gone to England - possibly with an employer(?).

Must now quickly clear up another line of enquiry in this thread, so that I can concentrate on 'our' O'Sullivans.

Owl

thewideeyedowl

Default The hunch was wrong

Have now got a GRO copy of the birth certificate for the Christopher P O'Sullivan registered in Newport, Mon, in the first quarter of 1922. His mother was not my grandmother Bridget (unless any evidence emerges that she was using the name Minnie).

Case closed on that not-so-bright idea, then. Ah, well...

Owl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12