Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

And where was Athol, who should have been born in 1912?

gasser

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    And where was Athol, who should have been born in 1912?
    .....and that is the 64 million dollar question! I've searched 'til I'm blue in the face!!

Yup. I even have a list of everybody called Athol* who was born in Scotland around then, just in case she gave a different surname. Of course, since she called Angus by her married name, that now seems unlikely. I can't see any way to mis-transcribe Athol, and make it come out like Mary...
    He MUST have had valid ID or the RAF wouldn't have taken him.
    That report said that Isabel spent a lot of time in France. I wonder whether he was born there?

gasser

And .......what's the betting if Andy acquires the certificate for the marriage in 1939 for Athol to Ernestine MYL Carter that it says 'father deceased' ? Which on reflection....could be true if the artist's son, William Alexander Stanhope Forbes, is the father. He was KIA ww1. The plot thickens..........

gasser

Quote Originally Posted by gasser View Post
    And .......what's the betting if Andy acquires the certificate for the marriage in 1939 for Athol to Ernestine MYL Carter that it says 'father deceased' ?
    Why did I post that ??? Apologies ...my brain must be 'addled'.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Not sure if anyone is still looking for info on Athol Forbes in here, but I might be able to help. He had a son who I always knew as 'Uncle Stuart' (my father's brother-in-law). They both lived in Stratford for most of their lives as far as I know. Sadly, Stuart passed away a few years back, but I can ask my father for further info on him or Athol if you would like?

Hi Alex, welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    The OP hasn't been around for about 3 years, but if the email address he registered on BG with is still valid, he'll get an email saying that you've answered his thread.
    In the mean time, why not have a wander round, and see where your research will fit it, then tell us something about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123