Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Phillip. I am think the research I linked to in #9 is probably as well sourced as any, as I know whose research it is, but sadly there are a great number of trees on Ancestry that are totally unreliable, like the one that says Joshua Norden was the husband of Queen Victoria! I am personally only really interested in tracing pre 1820 information, as those in South Africa have far more access to post 1820 records than I do. If you have any concrete information as to the dates of birth of Abraham's children then I would be interested to know the sources. I'm away for a week now so won't be able to do more research on this for a bit anyway.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Sue
    The only confirmed data I can currently see on the Norden children which gives a dob is that of Benjamin who died in 1875. The two census records show a dob circa 1799 London and Berger as per an earlier post gives the Jewish Chronicle record of his death in 1875 with the comment "in his 77th year". This suggests that a dob 1798-1799 is correct.
    There are no Synagogue records for the births or deaths of any Abraham Norden children although other father's names and Norden are cited.
    I will look further but suspect early data on the children may not be available and given the move to South Africa we can't check British Census Records as a baseline for dob or where born unless the SA Records have these including cemetery records- I have looked at the SA Cemetery site but you will have this data already I suspect.
    Phillip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12