Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Twig

Default DARLOW of L.Buckby

Looking for any information on Winnifred Darlow, born about 1812 in L.Buckby (?Lower Buckby). I know she married Joseph Edmonds of Wednesbury but would really appreciate some help in finding her parents
    and/or siblings. Thanks
    Twig

Jane Aires

Can't help with the family I'm afraid, but the village is called LONG BUCKBY (not Lower Buckby) and although in Northamptonshire it is very close to Rugby in Warwickshire.

Twig

Default Darlow of L.Buckby

Thanks Jane - every little snippet helps!

sandy hall

Default Lower and Long Buckby

Hi Twig

You could be mistaken for saying Lower as it was sometimes known as that and also Buckby Wharf was an area there.

Not sure if you have this but it seems that Winnifred may have just be baptised prior to 1813 but she does have an illegitimate child details below.

Long Buckby P.C. Pg 69 No 548 Birth 24/10/1832 Baptism 17/2/1833
    Sarah Ellen ? (Illegitimate) Winifred Darlow Long Buckby Illegitimate

The only family baptising children are Joshua and Mary Darlow so need to ask pre 1813.

Sandy

Gromwell

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sandy hall
    Hi Twig

You could be mistaken for saying Lower as it was sometimes known as that and also Buckby Wharf was an area there.

Not sure if you have this but it seems that Winnifred may have just be baptised prior to 1813 but she does have an illegitimate child details below.

Long Buckby P.C. Pg 69 No 548 Birth 24/10/1832 Baptism 17/2/1833
    Sarah Ellen ? (Illegitimate) Winifred Darlow Long Buckby Illegitimate

The only family baptising children are Joshua and Mary Darlow so need to ask pre 1813.

Sandy

Hi Twig
    There is only Long buckby & Buckby Wharf, Sandy is mistaken with this information, As I live in Long Buckby.

If you would like any more information go to the Northamptonshire Look-up exchange there are two people on that list with there Long Buckby records
    who have worked done a lot of good work of this village.
    Regards, Charles.

sandy hall

Smile Long Buckby

Hi Charles

I was talking about in 1800's not the present day.

Places were called all sorts of names as we know so well nothing like the real spelling. I myself do not post in-accurate information. I know the village well also not living far from it myself. I have photo's of all the non-conformists graves there.

Hi also to Twig who was the person requesting assistance and others.
    Stephen Amos gave me a copy of his work years ago he and Carole Eales offer Look ups for the village on the Northants Look up Exchange with other countless volunteers. I am also a volunteer elsewhere.

The Northamptonshire Record Office have transcriptions of all the Long Buckby Parish Records also.

Cheers Sandy
    Last edited by sandy hall; 02-05-2006 at 3:33 PM.

Gromwell

Thumbs up There as never been a lower Buckby

Hello Sandy
    There as never been a Lower Buckby, I have been through all the parish records,Indenpent records, and have been to the baptist church to see there records, also have records of all graves in the village. Have got copy's of all census as well, the Long Buckby history Group have not hear of it either.
    Me and friend's go to the record office once a month to transcribed record's for this area.
    Hope this help.
    Charles.

sandy hall

Default Charles re: Buckby

Hi Charles

I did not say there ever was an offical place of Lower Buckby.

I have looked through some records today and found a Over Heyford there is not a place of that name either yet it was recorded as such in the 1700's. The 2 village names relating to it are Lower and Nether.

As you transcribe records for Long Buckby I hope you give copies of your work to the N.R.O. to assist others like I do.

I am a volunteer of the Northamptonshire Record Office have been for quite a few years.

Cheers Sandy
    Last edited by sandy hall; 04-05-2006 at 3:58 PM.

Gromwell

Wink

Cheers Sandy, I have also found a Upper Heyford in my past research. What place's do you reseach ?
    Good luck with your work as well, may see you sometime at the record office or Long Buckby.
    Charles

sandy hall

Default Yes I forgot that one didn't I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Charles

Yes fancy forgetting that name !!!!!!!!!!!!! also.

I do numerous variety of records. I told Marilyn on here recently what I was doing at the moment. Alan Clarke says he is doing a different index in the summer. It will be interesting to see what it will be. Maybe you could help out with some information which it looks like you would have by what you listed.

Richard Worster married Elizabeth Bland in Long Buckby on 03-Mar 1807 By License and both were widow/widower.

Are you aware of the first wife/husband at all please.

T.I.A.

Sandy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast