Default Navigation in Family Tree Maker 2012

I am now using FTM2012 (and have been for a year or more), previously using FTM version 11. I cannot get the navigation buttons to work - these are the ones on the toolbar, to the left of 'family' and 'person'. In version 11 I had a back and forward button on the top bar, which took me through all the individuals I had viewed - frequently ones selected at 'random' from the index. I now have to remember who I was looking at when I detoured to someone else and find them again in the index to navigate back to them.
    Anyone got any ideas, or have I mis-understood the help file for these buttons, and I don't have this facility anymore?

David Benson

Just been playing to try and see what happens on mine. The arrows just seem to take me from Famliy to Person, just lik the tabs beside them. There is a button, lower left, marked History, which lists those you have visited. Can be sorted, but can't see how to get into the order you looked at them. Got lost in the Help screens so gave up at that point.

Glad someone agrees with what I get. The buttons seem pointless if all they do is the same as clicking on the tabs! I can't see any way to clear 'History' either, so another pointless list