Thread: Bunch

Starting to feel at home

Default Bunch

I am looking for the burial/cremation place of my great gran,Catherine Sarah Bunch nee Masters she died in 1947 in Ashford Kent,any help most elcome

I spy a new member! Welcome to BG, Sandy.
    They don't let me out of the Scottish area very often, so the only thing I can suggest is a look at GENUKI's pages for Kent https://users.ox.ac.uk/~malcolm/genuki/big/eng/KEN/. It's likely that the local archives or libraries mentioned there can tell you which cemetaries are likely.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Welcome

If you google 'Cemetery Ashford Kent' you will see quite a few intrersting links appear.

Alternatively, joining the local FHS who have MI's of the graves etc is an option

Sorry I live NE Cheshire and am more familiar with Cemetery around here, Several have pay per view sites......
    Jean

Wilkes_ml

1947 is relatively recent. I would look on the Kent County Council website under Cemeteries & crematoriums, and there should be a phone number and/or email address. If you contact the Ashford borough council, they should be able to direct you to the right person who deals with cemeteries & crematoriums in their area

https://kent.gov.uk/your_council/how...h_council.aspx

This page has the phone number & email on

Reputation beyond repute

she died in 1947 in Ashford Kent
    For a start, do you have the certificate to confirm that is accurate? The GRO index is not good enough because Ashford registration district covered many places outside Ashford.

Also where she died is less important than where she lived and where her nearest and dearest lived.

However I'll assume for the moment that she was buried in Ashford.

Simply look up the relevant local authority web site and you'll get to this page

https://www.ashford.gov.uk/cemeteries-and-crematoria

This lists the various cemeteries and burial grounds and has a reference to the nearest crematorium. There is a contact phone number and email.

Wilkes_ml

Forgot to mention "Deceased online" which is working to put cemeteries & crematorium records online. It is pay-per-view but the search & index is free. Searching in "kent" gives 7 Bunch cremations from 1968 to 2004 but no Catherine Sarah, so she was probably buried at the Cemetery which doesn't appear to be on "Deceased Online" yet.

Starting to feel at home

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried contacting Ashford Council but didn't get anywhere.When my great gran,Catherine Sarah Bunch,died she was living with one of her sons who had a shop in Ashford.Her son,Harold Arthur Bunch,had a son that died in Ashford in 1928.Catherine was born in Kent in Maidstone,I have looked at Kent on the sites that have burial records on line but I have found nothing.Any help,suggestions most welcome.

Reputation beyond repute

I tried contacting Ashford Council but didn't get anywhere
    I'm afraid I don't know what that sentence means.

Wilkes_ml

Did you get through to the crematorium & cemetery department? If not, then I suggest to try again and make sure you are put through to the right department. If you did get through to the right department, did they look through their records and not find her buried or cremated at Ashford?

Starting to feel at home

Thank you for all the suggestions.I will try them all and see what I can find,I have tried Deceased on Line,Billion Graves and Find a Grave,amonst others. I'll report on anything I find or if I don't find anything I'll be back for more help.