Scone

Default Wanford Gardner - where did he go!

Hi I'm hoping someone may be able to advice me on how to trace where Wanford Gardner b. 1888 went when he landed in Canada. I know he traveled from Bristol England to Quebec Canada on 21 August 1912 on the Royal Edward. I have found him on the passenger list. He gave his occupation as a farmer and was aged 27 yrs. I know that he returned to England at sometime and joined the Liverpool Regiment in 1915. His death is registered in Stroud England in 1930.

I would love to find out where in Canada Wanford lived/worked and anything else about him but I don't know where to start I would be grateful for some guidance.

Many thanks

Knowledgeable and helpful

Have you looked at the paperwork in Canada for his arrival in August 1912? I found that it gave an address of where my grandmother was going in 1904, and hopefully you will be equally lucky. I think Ancestry has access to these Canadian shipping arrivals, but certainly try the Canadian national archives or the Olive Tree for suggestions of where to access them. pwholt
    ps Have a look at Mary Anne's Sticky at the head of this forum, particularly page 4.
    Last edited by pwholt; 18-11-2013 at 5:41 PM. Reason: extra info came to hand