Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help

Chrisdawson1947

Hi thanks for that I thing that's the one I've been looking for it all fits with what I have got I must of had the wrong date for Charles Isaac I had his son Thomas born in1846 that fits with him I also have Mary A Isaac I had Charles born in 1820 and died in 1863 but I must of had the wrong Charles so how can I find Charles's mother and father and what was Mary's maiden name ??

Chrisdawson1947

Now you have got me thinking as I had on my note pad john married to margaret

This is the baptism of Henry Charles Isaac on Dorset OPC link that Nicolina gave you

16 Jun 1819, Henry Charles, son of John & Margarett Isaac of Blandford. John's occuption is Baker.

This matches with the 1841 census except for John's occupation but may be he was having a bit of a break from being a Baker or the enumerator could have it down wrong. But baker as a profession is in the family as with son Abraham in 1841.

Christanel
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolina View Post
    a possible marriage
    Dec 1843 Blandford district Vol. 8 Page 23
    Charles ISAAC and on same page Mary Anne MARTIN
    As Nicolina says this marriage certificate would confirm (Henry) Charles father's name and occupation. It would also give you Mary Anne's father's name and occupation
    William Burroughs

Chrisdawson1947

Now I'm confused as I had it my father was Reginald James Isaac Dawson he changed his name to just dawson after his own father died and his mother remarried my grandfather was Harry Bertie Isaac his father was thomas Isaac and his father was Charles Isaac and I had his farther down as john

From familysearch.org

Marriage
    John Isack
    13 Feb 1809
    At Blandford-Forum Dorset
    Marital Status - Single
    Spouse - Margaret Shephard
    Spouse's marital Status - Single
    William Burroughs

Chrisdawson1947

Hi christanel
    Can I ask where you got that from as it looks very good info
    Thanks Chris

Chrisdawson1947

The only thing is the spelling of isack as my family name is Isaac ? Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdawson1947 View Post
    Now I'm confused as I had it my father was Reginald James Isaac Dawson he changed his name to just dawson after his own father died and his mother remarried my grandfather was Harry Bertie Isaac his father was thomas Isaac and his father was Charles Isaac and I had his father down as john
    No confusion Chris.

All that has happened is we now know that Charles was actually baptised as Henry Charles Isaac but sometime before his marriage and the 1851 census he dropped the name Henry and was just known as Charles.

So it goes like this

John Isaac married Margaret Shephard in 1809.
    They had various children including Henry Charles Isaac baptised 1819 (census records can have the age out by a year or two)
    Henry Charles dropped the Henry from his name and married Mary Ann Martin as Charles in 1843.
    They had numerous children including Thomas Isaac born c1846.
    Thomas marries and has children including Harry Bertie (birth reg Camberwell March 1882) who I haven't looked for on the census as yet.
    Reginald James born 1907 to Harry Bertie and Mary Louise Isaac

Nicolina could you take a look at what has been found and verify or reject my hypothesis please?

Christanel
    William Burroughs

Nicolina

Henry Charles ISAAC, son of John, a Baker, and Margarett (sic) was christened 16th June 1819 at Blandford Forum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast