Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Brick Wall

Starting to feel at home

I am convinced there is a link somewhere, using the time period between the census and his marriage means he is likely to have lived there for 6 years..could be co-incidence but he also went on to name one of his daughters Violet.

I have found a Mary Elizabeth Knight born in Shardlow Derbyshire and also a John William Smith also born in Shardlow and the dates match, whether this is a co-incidence is still to be determined. I am tempted to take a punt on the certificates and see what happens..but without being 100% certain it will drive me mad, so I will have to keep my fingers crossed that something emerges that will piece the puzzle together.

Fuzzy head syndrome definitely has to be associated with Genealogy

usernick

Quote Originally Posted by saddlers View Post
    Annie Martha Pitham married William Henry Millington on the 26th October 1910, they had one of their daughters in 1916 and then the next year Annie went on to Marry John William Smith...why are the awkward ones always really awkward...but the potential to be very interesting. I can not locate a death for William Henry Millington so I am unsure if they divorced/separated or he passed away. I assume the latter.
    There's a William Henry Millington of the Lancashire Fusiliers who died on 3rd September 1915, aged 19 - he actually died in Gallipoli (during World War I)....

A possibility?

Cheers,

Nick

Starting to feel at home

I have to be honest and say I have not looked into William Henry Millington in much detail previously other than for his marriage certificate to try and crack the John Smith mystery. However I know his father to be William Francis Millington and he was local to Walsall where there is a matching census for 1901 so he may just be another poor soul who lost his life in that war.

Wilkes_ml

lol after all those possible variations, I didn't try B winning!" And yes, it is more likely that the Knights & the Smiths are cousins of some type!

I think we all have fuddled brains at the moment"!!

Tiggy1

The William Henry Millington, aged 19years, referred to is my uncle, the brother of my own father I.e Robert, mother Alice Myers,.
    William was killed in 1915. I know nothing of any other relatives apart from William was called after his father the same name, I cannot find any information of what happened to William senior, as the years between Williams birth and my fathers birth in 1916. Seems a bit strange to me any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Starting to feel at home

Well after 4 years it appears that I may have had my breakthrough, this one has driven me nuts, but I think I may be there...just waiting on the certificates....It would appear that John William Smith is the half brother of Harriet Violetta Knight and Mary Elizabeth Knight, I have managed to finally locate births for all 3 (in Blackwell where the colliery was located) with a mother whose maiden name is Burrows. I managed to track down John's military records after trawling through loads of John Smiths military records where his next of kin is Martha Annie with the two Millington children listed as stepchildren, and he also list his sister as Lizzie Long who is listed as living in the Stoddard Building Chester le Street....everything seems to match...just got to wait now

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggy1 View Post
    The William Henry Millington, aged 19years, referred to is my uncle, the brother of my own father I.e Robert, mother Alice Myers,.
    William was killed in 1915. I know nothing of any other relatives apart from William was called after his father the same name, I cannot find any information of what happened to William senior, as the years between Williams birth and my fathers birth in 1916. Seems a bit strange to me any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Tiggy I don't know how I missed your response to this thread, a bit delayed but it seems our trees may intertwine....

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by saddlers View Post
    Well after 4 years it appears that I may have had my breakthrough, this one has driven me nuts, but I think I may be there...just waiting on the certificates....It would appear that John William Smith is the half brother of Harriet Violetta Knight and Mary Elizabeth Knight, I have managed to finally locate births for all 3 (in Blackwell where the colliery was located) with a mother whose maiden name is Burrows. I managed to track down John's military records after trawling through loads of John Smiths military records where his next of kin is Martha Annie with the two Millington children listed as stepchildren, and he also list his sister as Lizzie Long who is listed as living in the Stoddard Building Chester le Street....everything seems to match...just got to wait now
    And I have the certificates and everything matches.....4 years to get to this point..I am grinning like a cheshire cat..one of my brick walls well and truly smashed down

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12