Thread: jerry o'shea

hansol730

Default jerry o'shea

hi, im looking for information on a jerry o'shea that emigrated to america. he was born in 1867... his father was timothy o'shea born 1814/17 kerry,ireland his mother was julia born 1821 ireland. i think that they have connections with merthyr tydfil in south wales uk. he had brothers daniel born 1845 & peter born 1858 and timothy born 1862. and a sister mary born 1864.....any information would be good.....thanks.

There is this as a possibility. The writing is terrible on the original image with lots of scribble overs and illegible stuff.

New York, Passenger Lists 1820-1957

Jeremiah Oshea age 37 Married,
    Last residence Glamorgan Wales.
    Final destination in US - Willesborne 108 Northampton ?
    Port of Arrival - New York, New York
    Arrival Date - 24 Apr 1902
    Port of Departure - Liverpool, England
    Ship - Oceanic

Christanel

This Jeremiah is on the 1881 census with his parents Timothy and Julia and siblings.

According to a public tree on ancestry Jeremiah's sister Mary also went to the US, and married William Casey at Willimantic, Windham, Connecticut on 17 Feb 1895 but that is all the information on her. They do not have any info on Jeremiah other than his birth.

Nicolina

the 1900 US Census has an Irish born Mary CASEY (b. Apr 1870) in Willimantic, Windham, Connecticut, who married about 1895 but her husband's name appears to be Michael (b. 1865 in Connecticut), not William. They also have 3 children, George T. b. 1896, William b. Jly 1897, and Mary b. May 1899.

Nicolina

by 1910 Mary & Michael had had 7 children, 5 living.
    George T. aged 14
    William aged 12
    Rose ? aged 7
    Alice aged 4
    Elizabeth I. aged 2

Mary emigrated in 1890

hansol730

hi and thanks for all the information....i did not know that mary also moved to america....this is good news. im gonna keep looking to see if i can unearth ever more......thanks again for your help......paul