Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    suziesteer

Default parentage of susannah attridge good easter

Im trying to find both sets of parents to susannah attridge and her spouse william pavit. They were married in good easter essex on 27/11/1753 and of any offspring hope someone can help.

Findem

Hi,

Sorry I can't help you specifically with Susannah but perhaps the following info might at least provide clues to locations Attridge/Atteridge famiels can be found.

My own Atteridge families were in Roxwell circa 1680 to at least 1759, there were other Atteridge families in Roxwell during that time and later, also possibly earlier. Roxwell as you know is none too far from the Easters and I've noted when researching my Eve family there appeared to be quite a movement of people between Roxwell and the Easters.

During my searches for various families I came across a James Utteridge who married Elizabeth Tansley in Little Leighs in 1768 and then he and Elizabeth baptised children in Great Leighs 1768 to 1787, I believe James was born and baptised in Roxwell, initially I thought he might be an ancestor but that fizzled out when I found the burial of his daughter Elizabeth.

Also noted were Atteridge in East Hanningfield 1755 and Utteridge and Utteredge in Felsted 1763 to 1775, please be aware I didn't research those families in Felsted and East Haningfield, I just noted them down in passing.

Regards.

suziesteer

thank you wll look into this
    regards sue

janbooth

There are two possible baptisms to William & Susanna on IGI Family Search. The first is of an Annie PAVITT at Willingale Doe on 27 June 1756, parents William & Susan and the other is on 22 August 1762 at Good Easter and is that of a female PAVETT (possibly Lillian??) parents William & Susan. Willingale is pretty close to Good Easter so could perhaps be Susanna's home parish??

Do you know if William & Susanna stayed in Good Easter. There are burial records on FMP for a William & Susanna PAVIT at Writtle in 1765. Can you tell us what else you know about William & Susanna as that may help us in a search for them, their offspring and their parents.

Janet

suziesteer

thank you for the information janet, the birth of a female in good easter is i believe of rebecca who is my 6gts grandmother, she was born in 1762 I dont know much else about william and susanna. There is a buriel in High Laver essex of a susanna pavitt 14/1/1800, and i do know that is where rebecca was married in 1784, she married Joseph Whitbread and she also died in High Laver. Can you tell me what FMP stands for excuse my ignorance.
    Thank you sue

Quote Originally Posted by suziesteer View Post
    Can you tell me what FMP stands for excuse my ignorance.
    Thank you sue
    FindmyPast, a pay per view site
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

janbooth

Thanks, Sue, I should have put FMP in full! FindmyPast have several other PAVITT burial records at High Laver the earliest being in 1764. Could William & Susanna have moved on after the birth of Rebecca and had other children at High Laver? Perhaps it would be worthwhile looking at the parish registers of High Laver if you have not already done so.

Janet

Wilkes_ml

Family search has very poor coverage of Essex, so Findmypast burial index and marriage index is a good tool to get an idea of where people may have come from. I'm finding many people are often returned to their parishes of birth for burial.

SEAX now has the majority of the very old parish registers digitalised and available to view via subscription, but also useful is just using the search box by putting in the name of interest, as this will throw back lots of hits dating back to the 15 and 1600s with lots of local wills. I've just ordered 5 wills and had them digitally scanned and sent to me by email in about a week for £9.

There are also loads of settlement certificates on SEAX that may be useful.

suziesteer

ive stumbled upon something of interest i need help with. Henry pavitt married mary whitbread in 1777 and i think he may be the brother of Rebecca Pavitt who married joseph whitbread in 1784. Henry had children called thomas, rebecca, susan and william. Was wondering if he could be the son of William/susannah. Can anyone help with his birth/place.
    thank you
    sue

Wilkes_ml

Where were they married? Are you looking at the actual marriages in the registers on SEAX? The marriage entries may actually give you additional information like whether the parties were from different parishes, whether they were single, widowed, of full age or minors. If they were minors, then parents may be named.

edited to say that SEAX is the ESSEx Record office Online Catalogue search engine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast