Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    forestlea65

Default Florence Nellie Honeybun born 1893

I'm looking for any information on Florence Nellie Honeybun (Honeyborn) who was born in Cardiff in 1893 to Frederick James Honeybun and Florence Louisa Long. I believe that Florence Nellie married a James Hopkins and may have later lived in the Maesteg area. Any information on the family would be greatly appreciated.

Nicolina

could they be Flora and not Florence?
    the 1901 Census for Cornwall Road, Canton (RG13 Folio 66 Piece 4987) has:
    Frederick aged 30 b. Bridport
    Flora aged 28 b. Bristol
    Flora aged 7 b. Cardiff

they are Visitors of Thomas & Elizabeth SIMONS

Nicolina

Thomas must have died because the 1911 Census for 29 Tenby Street, Splott, Cardiff (RG14PN32096 RG78PN1845 RD588 SD2 ED29 SN141) has:
    George ILES aged 38 b. Cardiff
    Florrie ILES aged 38 b. Cardiff
    Florrie Iles aged 17 b. Cardiff - Step Daughter
    John LUMLEY aged 84 . Newcastle on Tyne - Boarder

Geeorge & Florrie had been married 5 years

Nicolina

Frederick HONEYBUN died Dec qtr 1903, Cardiff Dist., Vol 11A, Page 226
    Florence HONEYBUN married George ILES Dec qtr 1907, Cardiff Dist., Vol 11A, Page 611
    Florence Nellie HONEYBUN, daughter of Fred, married James HOPKINS, son of James, at Roath, St. Saviour 16th Nov 1918. Both were 25

Nicolina

Frederick HONEYBUN, son of Norice Edward, married Florence Louisa LONG, dau of James John, at Canton, St. John 16th Feb 1892.
    He was 22 & Florence was 20

forestlea65

Thanks Nicolina, appreciate your help.

I'm researching the family tree on behalf of a close friend who will be most grateful for all the help that you and Christanel have given. Thanks again

forestlea65

Hi Nicolina

I've just received the marriage certificate for James Hopkins and Florence Nellie Honeybun. They were married on the 16th November 1918 at Roath, Cardiff.
    James, a labourer, was a 25year old bachelor living at 29 Tenby St. His father was also James Hopkins, occupation labourer.

Florence Nellie, a spinster, was a 25year also residing at 29 Tenby Street, Cardiff. Her father was Fred Honeybun (deceased), a former labourer.
    Witnesses: George Iles and Stanley Hall.

It appears that Fred Honeybun died at the age off 33 in 1903. His widow, also known as Flora (Florence) later married George Iles in 1907. As the address for both James and Florence Nellie is 29 Tenby Street, I wonder if James was a lodger with George Iles.
    Thanks for all your help in researching this family.

Nicolina

In 1911 George, "Florrie", step-daughter "Florrie" Honeybun and an 84 year old Boarder, John LUMLEY were living at 29 Tenby Street. So it is possible that John LUMLEY died and James 'took his place' as a Boarder.

Nicolina

just checked the 1901 Census for Clive Street, Cardiff (RG13 Folio 104 Piece 4988) and it appears as though Fred died before then. Jane is listed as Head of Household and a widow.
    Jane HONEYBUN, Head, b. 1849 Nr. Bath
    Emily HONEYBUN, daughter, b. 1882 Cardiff
    George Iles, SON, b. 1872 Cardiff
    Alfred Iles, SON, b. 1879 Cardiff
    George BARTLETT, Visitor, b. 1901 Penarth
    Sarah BARTLETT, Visitor, b. 1878 Cardiff
    Henry WARREN, Brother, b. 1846 Nr. Bath.

now that to me looks as though Jane WARREN married unknown ILES and then Fred HONEYBUN

the 1881 Census shows Jane as Jane ILES, Head of Household b. Taunton, Somerset
    Children: George (8), Sarah (3), Alfred (1), Henry (11) & John (10) (all ILES) plus brother Henry WARREN living Hewell Street, Llandaff (RG11 Folio 89 Piece 5283)
    curiouser & curiouser

Nicolina

there is a marriage:
    Dec 1868
    Jane WARREN Cardiff Vol 11A Page 309
    and on the same page John ILES

followed by 2 deaths for John ILES
    Dec 1879 Cardiff Vol 11A Page 147 - aged 33
    Dec 1885 Cardiff Vol 11A Page 188 - aged 15 (the son?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast