dian

Cool dian -thought I had already introduced myself

Thought I had already introduced myself. Anyway, am in Perth, lived in Kimberley, England, Victoria, Queensland. I want to find out, to add up this with that, to reach conclusions which forever shift when new info enters my awareness, and then to search and research all over again. What! Me? Obsessive?

I will admit I'm not a genealogist as such. For me the genealogical family tree is just marks on a page. My interest is forensic.
    What can the bones of the dead lying still and quiet in the soil tell me about what they did, where they lived, under which govt, in which landscape, in which worldview of their times, did they exist. And how all this 'other country, can possibly have anything to do with me.

Delicious.

Hi dian

I thought I would give your introduction a place of its own just in case you want to take a look at it later on.

It is good to see you already so involved on the forums. Aussies have to help keep the forums busy whilst those over the other side of the world have their beauty sleep!

'Delicious' is such an evocative word to describe your reasons for doing this crazy hobby (obsession)

Christanel

dian

rereading my intro might give the impression I'm a necrophilliac--feeding deliciously on the dead. oops!

Quote Originally Posted by dian View Post
    rereading my intro might give the impression I'm a necrophilliac--feeding deliciously on the dead. oops!
    I will smile each time I think of this.

Christanel

Hatshepsut

Hi Dian~~~~you might find that you get hooked on genealogy anyway...it is a VERY contagious condition and spreads quickly even if contact is over the internet with another genealogist who lives at the 'back of Bourke' Look forward to running in to you around the threads.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by dian View Post
    Thought I had already introduced myself. Anyway, am in Perth, lived in Kimberley, England, Victoria, Queensland. I want to find out, to add up this with that, to reach conclusions which forever shift when new info enters my awareness, and then to search and research all over again. What! Me? Obsessive?
    I will admit I'm not a genealogist as such. For me the genealogical family tree is just marks on a page. My interest is forensic.
    What can the bones of the dead lying still and quiet in the soil tell me about what they did, where they lived, under which govt, in which landscape, in which worldview of their times, did they exist. And how all this 'other country, can possibly have anything to do with me. Delicious.
    Obsessive? Dian?
    makes sense to me, how I envy your forensic touch to this hobby, are you trained in forensics? the two are someways apart tho' I still respect your side of things & wish the schooling had been there for me.
    What a wonderful way to care for & record those passed before us.
    To think you also lived the Kimberleys,-my most magic spot- (only as a visitor) what a whirl you've lived in.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.