Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    If you'd like to see some odd 'do' entries, look up :
    Lucretia Martin born 1843/4 St.James Surrey. Husband- James Martin.
    residence Oak cottages. Bermondsey
    RG10; Piece: 640; Folio: 131; Page: 55;

James Martin 27
    Lucretia Martin 27
    James Ida 7
    Samuel Ida 6
    Albert Ida 4
    Lucretia Ida 3
    Henry Ida 1

'Ida' is taken from the first badly written 'do' . should have been 'DUH !'
    crown copywrite c/o TNA
    That started my day with a smile, waitabit.

Egeria

Dear fellow Ancestor Hunters, Re "Warning if you use Ancestry." I have sent messages to Ancestry about the "sloppy" way their data has been presented. I have never had a satisfactory explanation from them. NO mention that the stuff is done by NONE humans. The places in Derbyshire beginning with Darley, ie Darley Abbey, Darley Dale, Darley Frith, they all recorded as DARLEY. The two Wingfields are also treated as one place. Their b m ds from church records are rubbish in comparison with Family Search.org. North Wingfield St Lawrence does not get a LOOK IN. There are other parishes in Derbyshire also similarly afflicted.

I think the only way is to keep on complaining about each and every error. Make them go look and then if they do nothing we should just start complaining in public - a good moan on FaceBook would probably get more response than a moan on any forum.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Brick wall demolition expert!

For whatever reason Ancestry seem to be adverse to correcting errors that are identified to them. They simply leave the correction as an alternative to the incorrect. What I don't know, but would like to know is whether or not these "alternatives" feature in any search results. If they don't what's the point of them?

Findmypast will look at each correction notified to them and advise you whether or not they agree. If they agree then they make the change. I am at a loss to understand Ancestry, particularly as I hear rumours that they are about to significantly increase their membership costs.

The reason North Wingfield doesn't get a look in is that they refused to release the register. It was transcribed onto CD but even those have a 30 year period missing

Both the incorrect transcriptions and the subscribed alternative show up in search results on ancestry.
    Christanel

Hatshepsut

'Ida' thought that family was just very fond of the grandma Ida

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12