Lightband

Default Hello from New Zealand

Hello all, I am Raymond Paul Lightband and currently live in Palmerston North, New Zealand in the North Island. I wam attempting to research my family with Lightband from around the Claines area etc, my Grandmother maiden name Joyce born in Walthenstowe, London, England and my Grandmother from my Mothers side maiden name Smylie from Balleymoney, County Antrin, Northern Ireland. I look forward to the 'hunt' and of hearing the stories of others in similar pursuits.

Hallo Raymond, and a very warm welcome to BG. Have a good look round and then post on the relevant forum when you are ready. You have joined a large band of similar genealogy addicts.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Hello Raymond

I lived in Wanganui for a few years and my family is still in Wellington. I love NZ even though I have lived in OZ for years.

It sounds as if you are already hooked on this genealogy hobby/obsession. You are in the right place to get help from others with the same affliction and many stories to tell

Christanel

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Raymond from a fellow KIWI.
    This is a great site with wonderful people selflessly offering their help. And you can learn heaps about this obsession (sorry hobby) simply by reading other peoples posts.
    David

A fountain of knowledge

hobby to obsession is such a thin line!
    welcome aboard and good luck!

J T Fitzpatrick

Welcome Raymond, from a new member (today)... "Lightband" In the England/Wales Birth index 1839/1915 about 26 and 1916/2005 about 16. Enjoy your Research.