Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Felicityjane

Hi Lucygrasshopper

I am researching my Nani family of Malta and Egypt. Did you come across an Emilia and Luigi Nani in your research? They were brother and sister and lived in Alexandria. Emilia ( my 2xgreat grandmother) married Emile Sakakini in 1860 and Luigi, a 'native of Malta',was an official in the Egyptian Postal Service; he died in 1906. There was a large family of Nanis in Malta, children of Angelo (who came from Venice in 1766) and Ninfa Nani nee Schembri and I am trying to find out which line Luigi and Emila were descended from. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Felicityjane ps Diacomos and possibly Manches are also connected to my Nanis

lucygrasshopper

Quote Originally Posted by Felicityjane View Post
    Hi Lucygrasshopper

I am researching my Nani family of Malta and Egypt. Did you come across an Emilia and Luigi Nani in your research? They were brother and sister and lived in Alexandria. Emilia ( my 2xgreat grandmother) married Emile Sakakini in 1860 and Luigi, a 'native of Malta',was an official in the Egyptian Postal Service; he died in 1906. There was a large family of Nanis in Malta, children of Angelo (who came from Venice in 1766) and Ninfa Nani nee Schembri and I am trying to find out which line Luigi and Emila were descended from. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Felicityjane ps Diacomos and possibly Manches are also connected to my Nanis

Hello Felicityjane,
    Yes, your family is part of my research. I am related via Manche and Diacono, however - the Nani relationship is through marriage.

My Great Grandfather, Frederick Robert Diacono b. Alexandria Egypt 1855(Ferdrico Roberto), and William Frederick Diacono b.Alexandria, Egypt 1862 were brothers. William married Mary (Marie) Nani b. 1863, Malta - They married at Suez, Egypt, 1885.
    My Records do not contain the required BDM Certificates, only information gleaned from Correspondence with others. I go back as far as Girolamo Nani b. 1725 Castelfranco, Italy d. 1797, Malta. He married Guistina Osti about Sept 1759. They had three children. Angelo b. 16 March 1751 Castelfranco Italy
    - I believe there is an error here, and the date of marriage could have been September 1748.
    Not unless Girolamo Nani was married before and this is a child from a previous marriage...so...I cannot verify the marriage date.

There was an Agostino Nani - I cannot confirm

Vincenzo Nani. b. 20 Sep 1775 Malta.

Of the three mentioned. Angelo Nani b. 1751 d. 27th Feb., 1844 Malta. Married about 1768 to Ninfa Schembri b. 7th June 1746
    They had 10 Children The 7th child was Aloysius Nani (which , when you sort out the Italian, Maltese and Latin of the church names) Aloysius is Luigi or Louis.

This Luigi b. 14 Oct 1780 in Malta, married Magdalena Portanier b. about 1789 Malta d. 1860 Malta.

The marriage would have been ca 1805, They had four children. The first born was Josephine Giuseppina Nani, ca 1806

Joesphine Nani b. 1806 married on 18th May 1828, Francesco John Manche. Who was born about 1806 and died about 1881.

They in turn had three children, (1) Maria, (2) Carmela (my Great Great Grandmother) and (3) Luigi Aloysio....who married his cousin.

This is a bare outline - that can show you Manche and Nani, Schembri - etc., I am very interested in Sakakini.
    I have a direct email addry waleric AT tpg DOT com DOT au if you wish to exchange more notes.

Best regards
    Walda Scholler (I live in Australia)
    aka lucygrasshopper
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 16-06-2017 at 7:59 AM. Reason: Email address disguised to deter spammers

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I Walda,

My name is Charline Gadsby and I am the Great Grandaughter of John Patrick and Mary Alice Henry My Grandmother was Joan Patricia Sparrow. I have been researching our family for a little while now, and I saw that you were enquiring about John Patrick Henry, and would be very interested in talking to you regarding this.

Kind Regards
    Charline Gadsby

lucygrasshopper

Default Military birth Malta - need to find Parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsby View Post
    I Walda,

My name is Charline Gadsby and I am the Great Grandaughter of John Patrick and Mary Alice Henry My Grandmother was Joan Patricia Sparrow. I have been researching our family for a little while now, and I saw that you were enquiring about John Patrick Henry, and would be very interested in talking to you regarding this.

Kind Regards
    Charline Gadsby
    Hello Charline, I live in Hervey Bay, Queensland. Do you live at Mu****'s Road? I am getting on in years, and have long since finished with the research I was doing. However, you can reach me on waleric AT tpg DOT com DOT au if you wish. I gather you are wanting to know more about the Henry Family...this I can help with. I can't help with the Sparrow family.

Thanks for contact
    Walda (Lucygrasshopper)
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 16-06-2017 at 7:57 AM. Reason: Address removed, and email address disguised to deter spammers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12