Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    shirleyhiscott

sue
    Thank you for the names and dates. It can be very confusing with the same names used for 2 different children and the spelling of Hiscott. I never realized there were so many different ways to spell my name.
    The Richard baptized in 1718 may be the father of Richard married to Elizabeth Axford.
    I may not be able to find any more names and dates.
    It would be interesting to know if any of the Hiscott family still live in Longbridge Deverill.
    Thank you.
    Shirley (Hiscott) Dyment

Madwith

Hi, I have just found a news item regarding a waggoner who was killed in an horse accident at Longbridge Deverill in July 1827. The report gives the name of his employer, but not of the poor man who was killed, though it states he was married and had five children. Could you please check if there was a burial at Longbridge Deverill a few days before 26 July 1827, please? The report is more about the generosity of the employer who promises to pay weekly for life, but doesn't mention his name. Of course, it masy be that he wasn't buried at Longbridge Deverill, but came from a neighbouring parish.

Many thanks!

I am currently on holiday in Europe. Will look for you when I get home on the 29th
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Quote Originally Posted by Madwith View Post
    Hi, I have just found a news item regarding a waggoner who was killed in an horse accident at Longbridge Deverill in July 1827. The report gives the name of his employer, but not of the poor man who was killed, though it states he was married and had five children. Could you please check if there was a burial at Longbridge Deverill a few days before 26 July 1827, please? The report is more about the generosity of the employer who promises to pay weekly for life, but doesn't mention his name. Of course, it masy be that he wasn't buried at Longbridge Deverill, but came from a neighbouring parish.

Many thanks!
    Sorry, the only burials for July 1827 (and there are none in August, allowing for a post mortem) are for a one year old child and a woman called Martha Butcher
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12