Name well known on Brit-Gen

Default BMD assisit in New York & Mississippi.

Can anyone suggest ways & means to find a purported birth in Mississippi & a marriage most likely in Westchester, New York please?

Mississippi birth or record of- between 1907-1911. Raymond,-Hinds county. Present on 1940 census in Westchester, Yonkers, New York widower with alledged Father-in-Law. 1935 in Scarsdale NY
    Marriage between 1930-1940. Died Mar. 1984. Jackson, Hinds. Ms. =Find A Grave Index.

Public Records Index, Volume 1+2. - ancestry

Widowed person not found anywhere before 1940.

WW II Army: Civil Occupation: Salesmen, brokerage and commission firms, n.e.c.
    Marital Status: Widower or widow, without dependents.-- Ancestry
    1957/9 living with female of same surname in Jackson, Mississippi, plumbing supplies business. (city directories.)- Ancestry

Hersey P.Nicholas

I've tried Ancestry & Familysearch & google.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

bamagirl

Hi, Wendy.

My husband's family is from South Mississippi, near the coast. My research does not go to Hinds county, but the State capital, Jackson is located there. If memory serves, there was not a requirement to register births until 1920? or sometime thereabouts. I need to look that up, I guess. (I've been doing my mother's lines. It's been a few years since I've looked at this region.)

In the meantime, here is the MS GenWeb site for Hinds County:
    https://msgw.org/hinds/

If I think of anything really useful, I'll be sure to post it for you ASAP.

-Barb

bamagirl

Okay, the USGenweb page for Westchester County, NY

https://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nywestch/vital.htm

Following the link to the Marriage Index by Name, under N:

https://www.westchestergov.com/record....asp?pageNum=N
    Surname First Certif # Year
    Nicholas Hersey 40585 1934
    Nicholas Hersey P. 37645 1933

At the top of the page is the link with instructions how to order a copy of the certificate(s) for 15 USD.

-Barb

Wonderful Barb, thanks for that , your find was brilliant, lucky lady was my 3rd Cousin Doris H.Clarke.
    I had to reduce the link to find it but worth the effort. My I'net usage has gone over again & am on go slow. Took forever to get to correct page of index. When usage is updated I'll try for her death date.

We are trialling a new protection system & it insisted on checking every long page! (on go slow)

Just been to an appointment with himself, 1+1/2 hrs after we arrived we were told sorry go home & I'll be in touch when I can get our computer software to read the info. .
    My 3rd 'off' touch with a computer today, but I'm left happy now thanks to you Barb.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

bamagirl

Hi, Wendy. Glad to help. Will keep looking at the Mississippi end of things as I can.

Technology is a mixed blessing to be sure.
    -Barb

A word to the server & update plan helps a lot
    Thanks Barb, I hope I can return the favour some time.

The 2nd vital record entry for Hersey P. is possibly for his 2nd marriage to the lady mentioned in directories. Not knowing her maiden name I won't pursue- it isn't really my biz.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

thecouch

Hi Wendy,

Hope this message finds you well. Here is another link that has a database listing the indexes of a number of births/deaths/marriages for the various counties of New York City. It provides you with the details required to order certificates through the New York City's various departments. I have had great success fiinding my direct relatives and have had great service in ordering and receiving certificates.

Here's the link:

https://www.italiangen.org/Default.htm

Cheers,
    thecouch

What a Gal! Thank you very much. A very interesting site which I'll be going back to. It had the info I needed & another item which caught my eye.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

thecouch

Excellent. Happy to help as always.