A fountain of knowledge

Default Prussian Place Name

I'm looking for Richendorf, Lanenberg, Prussia 1893 death certificate issued by Queensland BDM.
    This is a typed certificate and not a copy of the original. Any suggestions could the certificate be mis-translated or the place re-named?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Chisel, googling 'Richendorf' brings up suggested 'Michendorf'.
    Googling 'Lanenberg' has two military sites with passages from their diaries which mention Lanenberg.
    Google earth scoots over to LanGenberg.
    I have soft memory of looking for this place before but can't bring it to mind properly.

This is a typed certificate and not a copy of the original. Any suggestions could the certificate be mis-translated or the place re-named?
    Perhaps that's your answer. Possible name changed with Prussia becoming part of Germany. or transcription error.

The unit proceeded northeast to the Elbe River which it crossed at Brizenberg at about 2200 on the 2nd. Hardly had the force cleared the river than it began meeting long columns of mounted and dismounted Germans who were coming in to surrender. The remainder of the night from 0200 on, was spent at a castle at Setzin, 238402, Lanenberg, K-5, 1:100,000. Distance traveled: 74½ miles.
    from N-48-UH-1945 - US 7th Armored Division Association

It was also a Surname & a place in or near Brandenberg, Germany. However LanGenberg scoots aross country to Detmold in the Nth Rhine region.
    googling Prussia brings up a Prussian forum which may be helpful.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Wondered if it might be Lauenberg?

Dundee Courier Tue 11 August 1936
    DUKE AND DUCHESS OF KENT IN MUNICH
    The Duke and Duchess of Kent arrived by motorcar in Munich from Lanenberg in Wuerttemberg.

https://gerald-massey.org.uk/jones/b_biographical.htm
    Link mentions Holstein and Lanenberg

Lincolnshire Chronicle 9 Dec 1864
    The Federal Diet, sitting at Frankfort, on Monday by a majority of 9 votes to 6, adopted the Austro-Prussian proposition respecting the evacuation of Holstein and Lanenberg by the Federal troops.

The Leicester Chronicle, 3 Dec 1864
    VIENNA, Thursday morning - The mediation of Austria having been accepted, there is no longer any danger of a collision between the Prussian forces in Holstein and Lauenberg and the Federal troops in those Duchies.

But no sign "Richendorf".

A fountain of knowledge

Hi Guys thanks for the quick response. Yes I too found Lauenburg and Michendorf but they are both at opposite ends of Prussia. The eldest daughter was born in Brandenburg (state or city) so was expecting Landenberg to be in a similar location.
    From Waitabit Setzin is near Hamburg so close enough, Yet she has also pm'd a message with Lanenberg, Brandenburg.
    From helachau Wuerttemberg is in Berlin which is in the state of Brandenburg.
    Look's like we may have our general location.
    I generally use this site

https://www.
    kartenmeister.com/preview/databaseuwe.asp

but it is missing my towns. Perhaps I will write to them and ask for assistance.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Procat; 19-04-2013 at 1:56 AM. Reason: Link removed. Site requests donations - deemed commercial