aunty gene

Talking INTRODUCING MYSELF - NEW MEMBER

Hi Everyone

I have just joined this group today. I have been interested in genealogy for many years and spend at least 8 hours a day online, either researching my own tree or helping other people with their queries and brickwalls.
    I am retired due to ill health (two knee replacements and breast cancer (2011 but in remission) and live in Cheshire but am originally from the Wirral. I have been married 38 years with one 30 year old daughter and a 11 month old Pomeranian/Chihuahua puppy. Most of my family settled around Lancashire and Cheshire with some relations further abroad in Malaga and Copenhagen. I have an interesting ancestor who was a mystery to the family with regard to anyone remembering who she was etc. After a lot of research, I discovered that she was a Countess from Copenhagen. She worked as a lady in waiting in the Royal Palace of Copenhagen. When she was 17, she was 'with child', the father being the British Consul to Copenhagen, Francis Garden Denovan, from Edinburgh. She married him and spent the rest of her life in Edinburgh, where they went on to have a further 13 children. The Countess is linked through a few royal houses of Europe, with the closest English connection being to King George I. One day something told me to google her name and by chance, a small portrait of her in a broach was being sold at auction in London, so I was able to at last see what she looked like.
    Other surnames I am researching are: Conroy, Maxwell, Denovan, Cross, Hazlehurst, Atherton, Gonzalez.
    I have quite a few brickwalls in my tree and queries, which I plan to put right by submitting some queries today to see if other members can help.

Christine

Procat

Hi Christine.

Welcome to the forum. What an interesting family you have discovered. I must admit to being green with envy.

georgiep

Hi Christine, thank you for so much information you have gathered in your tree, wonderful stuff.
    I'm also a breast cancer survivor, thankfully no knee jobs!!
    Happy memories for me of Sunday School outings to Helsby.
    Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    Cheers
    GP

Valued member of Brit-Gen.

Hi Christine
    Indeed what an interesting ancestor, and how lucky to have found out what she looked like too.
    I look forward to hearing more !

Welcome

Lesley

LittleSpark

Hi Christine and welcome to BG

What a very interesting lady! You'll find lots of help here so good luck with your research.

georgiep

Hi folks, Christine has quite a bit listed on Anx, not for general viewing.
    Frances Garden Denovan 1790 to 1860.
    Countess Wilhelmina Frederika Hedwig Platen Hallermund.
    Great story
    Georgiep